My lovely husband Howard and son Ted love sausages. I often get the impression that if I wasn’t here they would eat sausages all the time (how did you guess?! -Ed). On warm days they are always asking for BBQ’d sausages. I’m not the biggest fan of the BBQ. The food cooked on it often doesn’t sit well in my stomach. So I thought this meal would make an ideal alternative.
Once all the vegetables were peeled and chopped this was a really easy dinner to cook. All I did was put it in the oven and then serve it once it was cooked. I did forget to boil the broccoli so if you want to ads greens to this dish then please be my guest. When I served this to Howard and Ted there strangely weren’t any complaints. It was a delicious dinner and one I just had to share with you.
What’s your favourite sausage dinner? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- Plastic brush
- Fork or knife
Ingredients for the warm salad
- Pork and apple sausages x 8
- Onion x 1
- Butternut squash x 1 small
- Carrots x 1 large
- Courgette x 1 large
- Tomatoes x 8 small or 4 large
- Potatoes x 800g
- Olive oil x 2 tbsp
- Oregano x 1 tsp
- Garlic Granules x 1 tsp
- Onion Granules x 1 tsp
- Sage leaves x 8 – 10
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and put the baking tray in.
- Peel the butternut squash, carrot, courgette and potatoes.
- Cut the vegetable into 2 centimetre chunks.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and set these vegetables aside.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and place all the chopped vegetables in.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and then brush the oil over the vegetables until they are all as evenly coated as possible.
- Sprinkle over the garlic granules, onion granules, oregano and the salt and pepper to taste too.
- Place the sage leaves in-between the vegetables.
- Toss all these ingredients together.
- Prick the sausages a couple of times with a knife or fork.
- Put the sausages on top of the vegetables.
- Then put the tray back into the oven and cook for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are a golden brown colour remove from the oven.
- Serve and enjoy.
Sizzling Summer Sage and Sausages Bake was a big hit in our house. My husband and son were very happy to eat this meal. As I mentioned earlier, I was going to serve this with broccoli, but it could be served with a number of vegetables including peas or green beans. I think Howard and Ted were pleased I forget to serve the greens. However you decide to eat this dinner, with or without the greens, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx