Snack time, after breakfast, is my next favourite time of the day. I love a little treat to keep me going until lunch or dinner. In the past I have made energy balls with dates but I had never made them with apricots. My husband and I often buy dried fruit from our local wholesalers.
Recently, we have been buying dried apricots and I decided to try them in an energy ball or two. Apricots are packed full of nutrients and can help to promote gut health. I enjoy a couple of apricots occasionally after my dinner. However, now I have used them in an energy ball, it’s a different story. Below is a video and the recipe for you.
Have you ever tried apricot energy balls and if so, will you be trying these ones? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Bowl x 3
- Food processor
- Apricots x 150g
- Ghee or unsalted butter or vegan butter x 150g
- Ground mixed flax seed x 4 tbsp
- Raw Cacao powder x 2 tbsp (plus extra for dusting)
- Honey x 2 tbsp
- Boil the kettle and put the apricots into a bowl.
- Now pour the boiling water over the apricots until they are covered.
- Leave to soak in the hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Put the apricots, ground mixed flax seed and honey into the food processor.
- Melt down the ghee, unsalted or vegan butter and chocolate in the saucepan, then add to the processor.
- Blend these ingredients together.
- Once blended, put the mixture into a bowl.
- Store in the fridge for a few hours or preferably overnight.
- Put the raw cacao powder on a plate.
- Remove from the fridge and with the teaspoon, scoop up a small amount of the truffle mixture.
- Next roll into a ball between your hands.
- Now roll the truffle in the raw cacao powder.
- Repeat the process until all the filling has been used.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to eat.
Apricots and Ghee Choccy Energy Balls are just scrummy and all mine. Ha, ha! Seriously though, these energy balls were a great way to use apricots in a sweet treat. Plus I did give a couple to my mum and she really enjoyed them. I made a small batch with this mixture and they will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a few weeks. These make a yummy treat or can be made as a present for a friend too. However you decide to eat these balls, as always, please enjoy. xxx