As summer is finally here I feel it’s time to make a Mediterranean dish. I have only ever been to Italy once. My husband Howard and I once visited Milan. We drove across from Switzerland. I have vivid memories of driving across mountains with sheer drops beside me in the passenger seat. It’s not something I would want to do every day.
When we finally arrived in Italy we found ourselves eating pizza and enjoying the hot sunshine. The only trouble was we had to drive home again. When I cooked this Mediterranean meal I remembered that holiday and I thanked the lord I live in a country without too many mountains.
Do you have scary memories on any of your holidays? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- Frying pan
- Large saucepan x 2
- Mixing bowl
- Stirring spoon
- Pie dish
- Cashew nut cream cheese x 250 ml
- Oat milk x 100 mls or more
- Tomatoes x 4 large on the vine
- Aubergine x 1
- Courgette x 1
- Red pepper x 1
- Red onion x 1
- Garlic x 2 – 4 cloves
- Dried Oregano x 1
- Brown rice pasta x 300g (or wholemeal pasta)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Nutritional yeast x 3 – 4 tbsp
- Make the cashew nut cream cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and put the baking tray in.
- Slice the tomatoes into quarters and set aside.
- Peel the aubergine and courgette then cut into 1 centimetre pieces.
- Cut the top from the red pepper, remove the core and stalk and cut the flesh into quarters.
- Next peel the onion and cut the onion into quarters.
- Leave the skin on the garlic cloves.
- Put the vegetables into the baking tray and add a good drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss them together.
- Place in the oven for about 30 – 40 minutes or until the vegetable starts to turn golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- When it’s cooled add the vegetables and cashew nut cream cheese to a nutribullet or blender.
- If using a nutribullet the vegetables and cream cheese may need to be blended in two or three parts.
- Boil the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Put the sauce into the bottom of the pasta saucepan and put the pasta on top.
- Mix them together.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix again.
- Then serve with broccoli and enjoy.
Vegan Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Mac and Cheese was a very simple dish to cook. It didn’t take a lot of time to prepare either and my little family really enjoyed it. The Mediterranean vegetables were full of flavour and made this meal so tasty. Thankfully when I ate it I didn’t think of the sheer drops we had to face in a hire car. However, wherever or whoever you decide to eat this dinner with, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx