In recent years I have been suffering with stomach aches. I have a suspicion it might be to do with my teeth as I have had gum disease for many years. When I was 19 years years old I had a root canal on a tooth in the front of my mouth. A couple of years ago I managed to rid my back teeth of gum disease. Although I never managed to get rid of it from my front teeth. I think this had to do with the root canal. It sadly became infected and started to decay.
During lock down I got a very bad infection on the gums and I noticed my teeth became loser. Recently I have had the lose front teeth removed and I now have a set of dentures. While I was suffering with stomach aches I asked my Ayurvedic Health Care Practioner what I could eat to help me. She said to blend coconut water and dates together. I tried this recipe and it seemed to work.
The past few years I have been on an interesting journey learning how I can heal my body. In that time I also learned that strawberries are a great stomach healer. As long as you are only feeling sick they can help to ease the pain. As well as this fruit, coriander and spinach are fantastic for the digestive system. I decided to add to the original recipe I was given. The results were amazing and I think they did help to ease the stomach aches too. It’s definitely one I will be having again.
Have you ever suffered with stomach aches and do you have foods that can help heal? If so what are the foods? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Measuring jug
- Strawberries x 6 – 8
- Medjool dates x 2
- Coconut water
- Start by hulling the strawberries.
- To hull a strawberry, insert a small knife into the top of a strawberry near the green leaves.
- Using the knife, cut around the outside and back to the start.
- Pull on the green leaves which will take out that part of the strawberry and the stem inside.
- Repeat the process until all the strawberries are hulled.
- Slice the medjool dates length ways and remove the stones.
- Put the dates and strawberries into the nutribullet or blender cup.
- Add in the spinach, coriander and coconut water.
- Once smooth, remove the blade, pour into a glass and enjoy.
Strawberry Stomach Healer was a huge success with me. It certainly did make me feel a lot better when I was suffering. Now my teeth have been removed I will see if my stomach gets better over the coming weeks. The smoothie is not only a great stomach healer, it can also be enjoyed as a mid morning or afternoon snack. It will satisfy anyone with a sweet tooth too. However you decide to eat this smoothie, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx
[…] Strawberry Stomach Healer […]