My son Ted and I are not really big fans of mint products. I have never really liked mint sweets nor chocolate. Ted is the same. My homeopath Dawn Waterhouse suggested to Ted to eat more mint to help aid his digestion. Ted and I were repulsed by this suggestion.
Mint chocolate would not be our first choice but I decided to give this ice cream a go. Dawn suggested trying mint in an ice cream and I’m so pleased I did. I think adding the pineapple helped to sweeten this dessert beautifully and the mint made it very fresh tasting. Well worth a try. Below is a video and the recipe for you.
Are you a lover or a hater of mint and if you love it, what’s your favourite mint sweet treat? Le me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Nutribullet or blender
- Tupperware box or box with a lid
- Coconut milk x 1 400g tin
- Mint x 1 small bunch of leaves
- Maple syrup x 2 tbsp
- Raw cacao nibs or choc chips of your choice x 100g
- Next add in the coconut milk, mint, and maple syrup to the Nutribullet or blender.
- Blend all of the ingredients together.
- Pour the liquid into the tupperware box and put into the freezer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the box from the freezer and put the contents back into the blender and blend for a further few minutes.
- Pour the liquid back into the box and put back into the freezer.
- Repeat this process one or two more times.
- Finally stir in the raw cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
- Then leave for at least six hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove from the freezer an hour before serving.
- Now scoop the ice cream from the box, serve in a bowl or a cone and enjoy.
Mint and Pineapple Choc Chip Ice Cream was so yummy and Ted not only liked it he . . . loved it! His words not mine!!! As I mentioned earlier this was a very refreshing ice cream and it would be great on a very hot day. So I think we will be making it again during the summer. Ted loved it and he knows you will love it too. However you decide to eat this ice cream, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx