For me, biscuits (or cookies as they are known in other parts of the world), are my guilty pleasure. Since giving up processed foods and sugars almost six years ago I have had so much fun inventing my own flavours of biscuits. Most I have loved, but there have been a few failures along the way too.
Chocolate ones are my absolute favourite. I could eat them all day long, so I’m always trying to think of a new flavour to go with the chocolate. As the festive season is nearly upon us, I felt it was time to start bringing in the orange flavouring.
The taste and smell of oranges always reminds me of Christmas. I felt I should flavour these biscuits with orange and pecans and I’m so pleased I did. It gave a plain old chocolate biscuit a whole new dynamic which was mouth-watering. Well worth a try.
Do you love biscuits and if so what’s your favourite one? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
Makes 20 – 24 biscuits
- Nutribullet or blender
- Mixing bowls x 2
- Mixing spoon
- Electric Whisk
- Baking tray
- Grease proof paper
- Rolling pin
- Boards for the cookies
- Large cookie cutter
- Cooling rack
- Gluten free oats x 150g
- Rice flour or plain flour x 200g, plus extra for dusting
- Raw cacao powder or cocoa powder x 50g
- Pecans x 60g
- Coconut sugar x 150g
- Baking powder x 1 tsp
- Vegan butter, ghee or unsalted butter (if not vegan) x 200g
- Orange extract x 1 tsp
- Take the vegan butter, ghee or unsalted butter from the fridge a couple of hours before use.
- Pour the gluten free oats and pecans into the nutribullet or blender and blend until they form a wet flour.
- Mix the ground oats, ground pecans, raw cacao powder or cocoa powder and rice flour or plain flour in the large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Cut the vegan butter, ghee or butter into chunks and put into the another mixing bowl.
- Add in the coconut sugar and cream these ingredients together with the electric whisk.
- Now pour in the orange extract into the butter and whisk these ingredients together.
- Then finally add the flour ingredients to the ingredients in the other bowl.
- Mix until they form a large ball and use your hands to do so if you need to.
- Using the extra brown rice flour, roll out the dough.
- Roll out the dough to about a half centimetre thickness.
- Use the cutter and cut your biscuits.
- Repeat the process until you have used all the dough.
- Place the biscuits onto boards and put into the fridge for about thirty minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for around 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finally place on a cooling rack and leave to cool.
- Then serve with a nice cup of tea or coffee and enjoy.
Chocolate, Orange and Pecan Biscuits/Cookies were delicious and very gratefully received by my family. It didn’t take us long to eat our way through the biscuit barrel. These are so yummy and taste great with a cup of tea or coffee. Although I would be reluctant to give these away, they would make a brilliant present for a friend or family member. However you decide to eat these scrummy biscuits or cookies, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx