Before anybody asks, no I’m not joining Tik Tok. Well, not anytime soon! Yes, I know I’m a bit late to this party but here’s my version of a Tik Tok pizza. In the summer there seemed to be a NEW trend born from Tik Tok. Everytime I went to the internet I would find people cutting and folding wraps with lots of different filling ideas. There would be chocolate and marshmallows or cheese sandwiches being fill and folded. Then the wraps would be toasted in either a toastie machine or a frying pan with oil.
To be honest, I became a little bit obsessed with watching these videos. Therefore, to stop myself I started to think about how I could make the tik tok wraps into pizzas. We love a wrap pizza in our house so it was fairly easy to fill and fold the wrap instead of spread all the ingredients over it. I thought these would be good for a bonfire night party. They could be made before the party starts and kept warm in the oven. Alternatively you could just eat them with chips and beans for dinner. It’s a favourite of my husband Howard and son Ted’s. I hope it will be a favourite of yours too.
What are your favourite pizza topping? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Sandwich toaster, fit grill or frying pan
- Wraps x 4
- Parma Ham x 8 slice
- Mozzarella x 2 140g packs or Cashew nut cream cheese x 8 tbsp
- Homemade pesto x 8 tbsp
- Tomato puree x 8 tbsp
- Oil for the frying pan
- Cut a line in the middle of the wrap from the edge to the centre so there is a single slit in the wrap.
- The wrap can then easily be folded into four.
- Slice the mozzarella and rip up the parma ham.
- On the first quarter spread the mozzarella slices, on the next quarter put about a quarter of the tomato puree, then on the next quarter add the ripped up parma ham and on the final quarter add the pesto.
- Fold the wrap up.
- Turn on the toastie machine or the fit grill on or put a frying pan onto a high heat on the hob and add oil.
- Once the machines or frying pan are hot put the wrap inside or into the pan.
- If using a frying pan wait for the wrap to turn golden brown on one side and then flip over.
- If using a toastie or fit grill simply close the lid and wait for it to cook.
- Once the wrap is golden brown remove and keep warm in the oven.
- Then repeat the process for the rest of the wraps.
- Serve with chips and salad or baked beans.
- Then enjoy.
Tik Tok Pizza is always a big hit in our house. My husband Howard and son Ted love this dish. I have even served this to one of Ted’s friends and he really enjoyed it too. There are never any complaints when this meal is put on the table. I did learned the other day that you can make these wraps up and freeze them before cooking. If you are in need of a quick and easy mid week dish then this one could be a potential go to dinner. However you decide to eat this meal, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx