Easy dinners are a must in this house. I love to cook but during the week time is of the essence. Therefore I need quick meals that aren’t to complicated. Fish is always great to cook as it doesn’t take a long time. It’s fast and efficient. Plus it great cooked in so many different ways. Fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins such as D and B2. It’s also contains calcium and phosphorus and a great source of minerals, such as iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, and potassium.
It is recommended to eat at least two portions of fish per week as part of a healthy diet. Fish contains a lot of the vital vitamins and minerals needed to keep us well. Winter can deplete us of these vitals so it’s important to nourish our bodies at this time of year. This fish dish is a great meal to eat all year round but it’s even better for our bodies in the winter. I know it’s a meal I will be serving to my family a lot over the coming months and I hope you will too.
Do you enjoy fish and if so, what’s your favourite way to cook it. Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- Stirring spoon
- Serving spoon
- Basa x 4 fillets
- Onion x 1
- Garlic x 2 cloves
- Cherry tomatoes x 250g
- Milk x 800mls of your choice
- Oregano x 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper to your tastes
- Spinach x 2 large handfuls
- Rice x 300g
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4 and put the baking tray in.
- Peel and slice the onion and garlic.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven.
- Put the sliced onion, garlic, tomatoes and milk in.
- Sprinkle over the salt and pepper and oregano.
- Stir all of these ingredients together.
- Now put the baking tray into the oven for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Boil the rice as per the packet instructions.
- After 15 minutes place the basa fillets on top on the other ingredients.
- Once the fish flakes away from itself it is cooked.
- Remove all the ingredients from the oven.
- Add in the spinach underneath the fish and let it wilt down.
- Then serve the rice, fish and other ingredients and enjoy!
Milky Basa Fillets with Tomato, Spinach and Rice was a big hit in our house. My husband Howard, son Ted and I really enjoyed this dish. Howard can be quite fussy when fish meals are served but he liked this one. Ted will eat any type fish, prawns are his favourite but he generally just likes most, if not all kinds of fish. If your a family of fish lovers this is a great meal for you. It’s simple to prepare and cook. Also any leftovers can be frozen and served on another occasion. You could also make this into a dump bag. (Put all the raw ingredients into a large freezer bag. When you want to eat it take the raw ingredients out of the freezer defrost and cook.) Although the dish is served with rice is could also be served with pasta or noodles. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx