Even though spring is on it’s way I still love nothing more than a warming bowl of soup. Often I will add garlic to all sorts of soups, stews and curries but I have never thought to make it into a main ingredient. Garlic is a close relative of the onion, leeks and shallots. It grows in many countries around the world. The main uses of garlic throughout history is for health and medicine.
Soup throughout the ages has also been used as a medicine. A soup, depending on what it’s made with, can be packed full of nutrients and it’s also great for aiding digestion. Plus it can help to keep you warm and help aid weight loss too. With all these fact in my mind I decided I would put the two together and add chicken too. The results were so yummy and I just had to share the recipe below.
Do you love garlic and if so what’s your favourite way to use it? Let me know in the comments and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Baking tray
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Garlic 8 – 10
- Chicken x 500g
- Bone broth x 900mls
- Coconut cream or cream x 100mls
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or gas mark 5.
- Once the oven is preheated put the chicken and garlic cloves in the baking tray.
- Place in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- To check the chicken is cooked put a skewer into it and if the juices run clear it’s cooked.
- If the juicy are a bit bloody put the chicken back in for another five minutes.
- Repeat this process until the juices run clear.
- Once it’s cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- When the chicken is cool enough to touch cut into 1 inch pieces and put into the blender.
- Remove the skin from the garlic and put into the food processor as well.
- Pour in the bone broth or chicken stock and the coconut cream or cream.
- Blend all of these ingredients together.
- When the ingredients are smooth pour into the saucepan.
- Depending on the size of blender is you may need to pour the rest of the broth or stock and cream in after you have blended all of the other ingredients.
- Heat through the soup until its hot.
- Serve with bread or my chickpea four wrap.
- Then enjoy.
Simple Garlic and Chicken Soup was a hit with me. My husband Howard and son Ted didn’t try this one. Although I think Ted would have eaten this dish. As you can probably see the soup is very simple. It’s easy to prepare and cook. The ingredients in this dish are freezable so you could make a big batch and store it in the freezer. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you and see you all soon. xxx