Chicken dinners are always a big hit in our house. My husband Howard and son Ted love a roast chicken. I enjoy cooking a roast but in the middle of summer, if it’s warm outside which in the UK is rare, it’s not that enjoyable. Therefore when the weather is warm I still like making dinner but it has to be quick, easy and obviously tasty.
In the past I have made a tray bake dinner but never with chicken so I thought I would give it a try. For this recipe I used my stoneware which always cooks food evenly. Stoneware draws out the badness from the food which then leaves the food to cook beautifully. I brought my stoneware many years ago and sadly the company does not exist in the UK. A few years ago I brought more stoneware online. Trust me it’s a prefect way to cook chicken and this dish was de-lici-ous.
Do you have a favourite chicken dinner? If so, what is it? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Large saucepan
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- Chicken x 500g
- Red pepper x 1
- Potatoes x 800g
- Tomatoes x 4 large (preferably on the vine)
- Spinach x 2 handfuls
- Basil x 1 handful
- Salt x 2 large pinches
- Pepper to your tastes
- Dried mixed herbs x 2 tsp
- Put a large saucepan on the hob and add enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Bring the water to the boil and add in the potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Once the potatoes can fall off a fork remove from the hob and pour the contents through the colander.
- Put the potatoes into the baking tray.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and put these into the tray.
- Slice the top from the pepper and remove the core.
- Now slice and dice the pepper into large chunks.
- Sprinkle over 2 large pinches of salt and pepper to taste and the dried mixed herbs.
- Place the baking tray into the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the tray from the oven and nestle the chicken breasts in between the vegetables.
- Put the tray back into the oven for another 30 minutes or until the juices run clear from the chicken and the potatoes are golden brown.
- Once the chicken and potatoes are cooked remove from the oven.
- Add in the spinach and basil and let it wilt down.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Oven Baked Chicken, Potatoes, Red Pepper and Tomatoes was a success in our house. We all loved this dish and I ate the leftovers the next day too. It was a really tasty meal hot or cold. Personally I would freeze this dinner after it’s been cooked but it did make a great lunch the next day. It could be taken as a packed lunch on a picnic or to the office. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you. xxx