Pizza is always a big hit in our house. My husband Howard and son Ted love it. I know they enjoy pizza, if we haven’t eaten one in a while they will ask when it’s going to be on the menu again. We normally always seem to have the same pizza nowadays. If it isn’t broken then why try to fix it.
Although I do love to experiment with food. Therefore I find a change is as good as a rest. After cooking a success hash brown the other day I decided to turn it into a pizza. I have never tried this before so felt it was a meal we would enjoy. The result were so good. Howard and Ted really enjoyed this dinner too.
Have you ever tried a pizza with a different kind of base? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Potato peeler
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Frying pans x 2
- Mozzeralla x 1 balls
- Parma Ham x 6 slices
- Pesto x 4 tbsp
- Tomato puree x 4 tbsps
- Onion x 1
- Potato x 800g
- Garlic granules x 2 tsps
- Dried herbs x 2 tsps
- Vegan or unsalted butter or ghee x 2 knobs
- Olive or sunflower oil x 1 – 2 tbsp
- Preheat the grill on medium to high.
- Peel and thinly slice an onion and set aside.
- Next peel and coarsely grate the potatoes.
- Put the grated potatoes and sliced onion into the large mixing bowl.
- Mix these ingredients together and set aside.
- Put a large frying pan on a medium to high heat.
- Add two large knobs of a butter of your choice and the olive or sunflower oil.
- Once the pan is hot add the onion and fry until it starts to soften.
- It should take at least 3 – 5 minutes.
- When the onion starts to soften add in the potato and fry until it becomes golden brown.
- If the frying pan starts to smoke then turn the heat down.
- The potato will start to glue together but just keep moving it around the pan until it’s all a nice golden colour.
- Then pat it down until it’s flat and put it under the grill until the whole hash brown is golden brown.
- Remove the hash brown and leave it to cool for a few minutes.
- Slice the mozzarella and remove the packaging from the Parma ham.
- Once the hash brown has cooled slightly add the topping.
- Spread over the tomato puree and pesto.
- They lay the mozzarella and Parma ham on the top.
- Put the has brown back under the grill and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Once everything is cooked, remove it and serve with salad or beans.
- Then enjoy.
Hash Brown Pizza was a huge success in our house. We loved this version. It was a very quick and easy meal to cook. The pizza could be eaten hot or cold. I had the leftover the next day and it was still as tasty as the day before. It can also be served with beans or salad and it’s a great dish to eat all year round as well. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you. xxx