Pizza and burgers are a huge favourite in our house. My husband Howard, son Ted and I love both of these dinners. Plus I love cooking meals like these ones too. The other day I was deciding on our Sunday evening dinner. Howard and Ted wanted to watch a movie and they wanted to eat their dinner in fron of the TV.
Now we do not do this all the time. I believe that you should eat at the table with no devices or TVs on. If you eat with a device in front of you risk over eating and I don’t think you enjoy the meal that has been served to you. Every so often though, as a treat, we let Ted watch the TV while eating. After I had come to this decision we then had to decide what easy TV dinner they could eat on their laps. That’s when I came up with the idea of a pizza and a burger. Although my little family ate it in front of the TV I think they enjoyed it. It’s definitely one we will eat again and hopefully not in front of the TV next time. Below is a video and recipe for you.
Do you love pizzas and burgers and if so what are your favourites? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Mixing bowl
- Baking Tray
- Turkey mince x 500g
- Pesto x 4 – 6 tbsps
- Tomato puree x 2 tbsp
- Almond flour or breadcrumbs x 2 – 6 tbsp
- Mozzarella x 1 ball
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180° and add the baking tray in.
- Put the turkey mince in the mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle over the almond flour or breadcrumbs into the mixing bowl.
- Pour in the pesto and tomato puree.
- Add salt and pepper to your tastes.
- Cut the mozzarella into 4 blocks.
- Dampen your hands under the tap so the mixture doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Using your damp hands scrunch all the ingredients together.
- Once everything is well mixed together divide the mixture into four even parts.
- Wash and dampen your hands again.
- Now take a quarter of the mixture and flatten it.
- Place the mozzarella in the middle of the burger.
- Fold over the turkey mince mixture until the mozzarella disappears.
- Then make it into a burger shape and make sure their is a dip in the middle of the burger.
- The dip will hopefully stop if from rising when in the oven.
- Put the burgers into the fridge for 4 – 6 hours.
- Place the burgers onto a baking tray and put into the oven for about 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.
- Serve with chips and salad.
- Then enjoy.
Turkey Pizza Burgers were I think a delicious way to have a two in one meal. Turkey is a very plain meat that many flavours can be added too. The pesto and tomato puree gave this burger a lot of extra flavour. These burgers can be made in advance of a meal and stored in the fridge. They can also be stored in the freezer as well. All the ingredients in these burgers are freezer too. They were tasty with or without a bun, with chips and a salad. However you decide to eat these burgers, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx