My son Ted, who is eight years old, loves chicken or salmon noodle soup. It’s one of his favourite meals that I cook for my little family. As a mum it pleases me that he enjoys this dish. I always use bone broth, chicken or vegetable stock to cook all the ingredients in. Therefore I know he is getting a lot of different nutrients his body need to survive and thrive.
When I make vegan meals during the week I’m always a little bit scared of what Ted will think or if he will eat the dish at all. Ted can be a very fussy eater and it does not make my life easy. I’m forever playing hid the vegetables but occasionally I serve up a big bowl like this one.
Although I wasn’t sure how this meal would go down I had a feeling that Ted may like this dish as it still had noodles in it. In the end I got an alright from my son and I was pleased as he loved the broth and noodles. My husband and I really enjoyed this meal. We hope you will too. Below is a video and recipe for you.
Do you love noodles and if so, what’s your favourite noodle dish? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Vegetable peeler
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large saucepan
- Stirring spoon
- Black bean x 200g (dried) or 1 400g tin
- Spring onions x 1 bunch
- Carrots x 1
- Yellow pepper x 1
- Green beans x 1
- Vegetable stock x 2 litres
- Miso paste x 2 tbsps
- Noodles x 300g
- Kale x 2 large handfuls
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the black beans as per the packet instructions if using dried beans.
- If using tinned beans drain and rise through the colander.
- Peel the carrots and slice them as thinly as possible.
- Cut the top from the pepper and remove the stalk and the core.
- Slice and dice the flesh of the pepper.
- Drain and rise the bamboo through the colander.
- Now cut the tops and tails from the spring onions.
- Next slice the spring onions into 1/2 centimetre pieces.
- Put a large saucepan onto a high heat and add oil to the base of the pan.
- When the pan is hot add in the spring onions and fry until they start to soften.
- Add in the carrot, pepper and bamboo shoots and fry until they warm through.
- Pour over the vegetable stock and add in the green beans and miso paste.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Bring all the ingredients to the boil and leave to simmer for a good 10 minutes or so.
- Put in the noodles and leave in as per the packet instructions.
- Finally add in the black beans and kale.
- Then let the kale wilt down.
- Once everything is cooked serve and enjoy.
Miso and Black Bean Noodle Soup was a hit with my little family and I. It was quick, simple and delicious. The broth for this recipe could be made and frozen for another occasion. You could also make this meal in advance for a very quick dinner. Then all you have to do is add the noodles. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx