As a mother I’m very pleased to announce that we love prawns in our house. My son Ted, who is nine, loves a prawn meal. Ted gets very excited when I announce that we are having prawns for dinner. My husband Howard who isn’t the biggest fish fan also likes prawns. Therefore I know when I cook a meal like this one there will be no complaints.
Also as a mum it pleased me that my little family enjoy a prawn or two. There are lots of health benefits to eating prawns. Prawns are packed with B vitamins, they are also full of iron and they are rich in selenium. Eating prawns can help to build healthy bones because they also contain phosphorous, copper and magnesium. If you or your family like fish then this is a great dish that’s packed with goodness. It’s a meal I’m sure we will be eating again very soon.
Do you love prawns and if so, what’s your favourite prawn recipe? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large frying pan or sauce pan
- Stirring spoon
- Uncooked prawns x 500g
- Spring Onions x 1 bunch
- Carrot x 1 large
- Cashew nut cream cheese x 200ml
- Parsley x 1 handful
- Oil for the frying pan saucepan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta x 300g
- Firstly start by making the cashew nut cream cheese.
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Next slice the tops and the bottoms from the spring onions.
- Slice the onions into half centimetre pieces and set aside.
- Peel and grate the carrot.
- Then chop the parsley.
- Put the saucepan onto a high heat on the hob and add a oil to the base of the pan.
- Once the pan is hot add in the spring onions and fry until they start to soften.
- It should take a couple of minutes but when they start to soften add in the carrots and fry for a further few minutes.
- When both these ingredients have soften down add in the cashew nut cream cheese.
- Turn the heat down to a low heat and if the sauce becomes to thick add a bit more milk.
- Add in the prawns and keep stirring until they turn pink.
- Finally add in the parsley and let it wilt down.
- Drain the pasta through the colander if you haven’t already and pour into the prawns and cashew nut cream cheese sauce.
- Mix these ingredients together.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Creamy Prawn and Parsley Pasta was a big hit with my little family. It’s a very quick and easy dish to prepare and cook. You could also make double of the sauce and freeze it for another occasion. Although I personally think this dish is better cooked fresh. It’s a great meal to serve to the family or to friends who love prawns. You can eat this meal as leftovers the next day too. However you decide to eat this dinner, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx