Love is in the air, everywhere we look around and I know you what lovers porridge for breakfast!!! This year Valentine’s day is on a Tuesday so not the most romantic day of the week. If you are a busy couple like myself and my husband Howard there may not be any romantic meals in the evening. Unless, of course you have been clever and you got yourselves a babysitter for the evening. It may be a normal day for you.
Although you may want to make your husband/wife/partner a delicious breakfast to kick start their day. Chocolate and roses are a yummy combination and this porridge is a brilliant dish to wake up the system. Both chocolate and roses are packed with flavonoids, antioxidants, and immunity-boosting vitamins and minerals. It means this is healthy and tasty. Perfect for your lover or just for you.
What’s your favourite dish to eat on Valentine’s day? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Stirring spoon
- Small saucepan
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Spoon for eating
- Gluten free oats x 45g
- Ground flax seed x 2 tbsp (optional)
- Chia seeds x 1 tbsp (optional)
- Sunflower seeds x 1 tbsp (optional)
- Pumpkin seeds x 1 tbsp (optional)
- Crushed cashew nuts x 1 tbsps (optional)
- Raw cacoa powder x 1 tbsp
- Rose petals x 1 tbsp
- Ground sweet cinnamon x 1 tsp (optional)
- Oat milk or a milk of your choice x 150mls
- Apple x 1
- Water x 100mls (maybe more)
- Banana x 1
- Fruit of your choice
- Honey to serve
- Put the oats, ground flax seed, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cashew nuts, raw cacao powder, rose petals and ground sweet cinnamon into the bowl.
- Stir these ingredients together until everything is well mixed.
- Grate the apple and mix this into the porridge as well.
- Pour over the oat milk and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, remove the porridge from the fridge.
- Put a small pan on a high heat and add the porridge.
- Add the water to the pan.
- The porridge will probably come out of the bowl in one big lump.
- So break it up with the stirring spoon.
- Cut the banana into slice with the knife.
- Next put this into the porridge along with a fruit of your choice.
- Turn the hob on to a medium heat.
- Stir the mixture continuously until it’s warm all the way through.
- You may need to add more water to the pan if it starts to become too thick for you.
- Once it’s at a consistency you like, remove from the heat and pour back into the bowl.
- Serve with honey or a topping of your choice and enjoy.
My Chocolate and Rose Porridge recipe I find to be an easy way to make sure I have breakfast in the morning. It’s delicious and it can be changed to suit your tastes or whatever you fancy on the day. When my husband is home and he wants to eat this for breakfast I simply double up on the ingredients. It is so simple and well worth a try. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx