Last year I made a delicious mint hot chocolate. I served it to friends at a fireworks party we had in the back garden. It was very well received by our friends and my little family too. Since the autumn I have been making my own herbal teas. I have been buying the ingredients for the teas separately online.
In my night time tea I use rose petals. Rose petals have been proven the reduce heart disease, diabetes, obesity and cognitive diseases. Plus they taste delicious in my bedtime cuppa. Therefore I wondered what they would taste like in a hot chocolate. After my mint chocolate drink was such a success I felt that rose would work well. Oh my goodness, it was so yummy and this one I drank on my own. It was heaven and I will be doing it again soon. Below is a video and recipe for you.
Have you ever eaten rose petals and if so, what have you eaten them in? If you haven’t would you like to try them? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Food processer
- Rose petals x 2 tbsp
- Raw cacao powder x 2 heaped tsps
- Honey or date syrup x 1 – 2 tsps
- Oat milk x 1 mug or a milk of your choice
- Add the rose petals, the milk, honey and raw cacao powder to the blender.
- Blend all of these ingredients together.
- I like to blend it twice as I find it creates a much smoother texture.
- When the ingredients are smooth pour into the saucepan and heat through.
- Once the hot chocolate is warm pour it back into the mug.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Rose Hot Chocolate was scrummy. It can be made into larger batches and cooked in the slow cooker. If you are cooking it in the slow cooker you can put it on high for two hours and low for four hours. It warms through beautifully and when I cooked the drink in the cooker the guests I served it to really enjoyed it. However you decide to drink this hot chocolate, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx