When I make a new discovery I feel like a child that has just won the biggest teddy bear at the fair. Recently I was online ordering my meat for the freezer and I discovered beef liver. Normally I order chicken liver but they didn’t have it. Then, as the internet does, it suggested beef liver instead. I decided to try it and I think I’ve found a gem.
Liver is quite an acquired taste especially chicken liver so I thought beef liver would taste the similar. When I cooked the beef liver it didn’t smell like the chicken. Then finally I tasted it. Oh my goodness, how tasty! To me, it was like steak but much softer. It made a delicious dinner and I, of course, had to experiment with this new found food. Below is the recipe that I loved and I hope you will too. Below is a video and recipe for you.
Have you tried beef liver and if not, would you? Also, if so, then did you enjoy it? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe to my channel.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- Kitchen towel or tea towel
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Beef livers x 500g
- Harissa spices x 1tsp
- Olive oil for the pan
- Bone broth or chicken stock x 300mls
- Garlic cloves x 8
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 tsp
- Salad or peas (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or gas mark 5/6.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1 inch pieces.
- Soak the potatoes in a large bowl of water.
- Make sure all the potatoes are covered in the water.
- Leave to soak while the oven is preheating.
- When the oven has preheated drain the potatoes through the colander.
- Shake off the excess water and place the potatoes onto the baking tray.
- Drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle over the dried mixed herbs.
- Put the garlic in and toss all these ingredient together.
- Place the baking tray into the oven for about 35 – 40 minutes.
- When it’s about 10 minutes from the end of the cooking time start to cook the liver.
- Now remove the packaging from the liver and place on the tea or kitchen towel.
- Pat the liver dry and put it onto the chopping board.
- Cut away away sinus from the liver.
- Put the frying pan onto a high heat and add enough olive oil to cover the base of the pan.
- When the oil starts to bubble, add in the spices and tip the pan sideways so the oil and spices fall to one side of the pan.
- Leave the spice to cook in the oil for about 30 seconds or so.
- Put the pan back down and add in the beef liver.
- Fry until they are browned all over.
- It should only take about 2 minutes each side.
- Once the chips are golden brown remove from the oven and take the pan off the heat.
- Serve with peas or salad.
- Finally enjoy.
Harissa Spiced Beef Liver with Garlic and Herbs Roast Potatoes was delicious and very easy to cook. It’s a quick meal that is very filling and healthy. My husband Howard isn’t so keen on liver but my son Ted has just started to enjoy it. Although Ted doesn’t enjoy spices. Therefore this meal was all for me and I loved it. As I mentioned earlier I hope you will as well. However you decide to eat this dinner, as always, please enjoy. Thank you. xxx