Before my husband Howard and I met, I get the impression that this may have been a staple meal for him. Howard loves his filthy food and he really loves hotdogs too. When ordering meat from the internet, I noticed the butchers that we order from sold grass fed beef hotdogs. These were not cheap but I thought it would make a great treat. Howard fried the onions and I cooked the hotdogs. This is Howard’s recipe for hotdogs and fried onions. Therefore I had to share this one with you.
Do you love hotdogs and do you like them with onions or without? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Stirring spoon
- Hotdogs x 8
- Hotdog Rolls x 8 (optional)
- Onions x 2 large
- Oil for the pan
- Tamari or soy sauce x 2 tbsp
- Cook the hotdogs as per the packet instructions.
- While the hotdogs are cooking peel and slice the onions.
- Put a frying pan onto a high heat on the hob and add oil to the base of the pan.
- When the pan is hot add in the onions and fry until they are golden brown.
- Pour in the tamari or soy sauce and fry until everything is sticky and caramelised.
- Remove from the heat and serve with hotdogs and rolls (optional).
- Then enjoy.
Hozza’s Hotdogs with Fried Onions was obviously a huge success. Howard and my son Ted loved this meal. Ted even ate the fried onions as well. Plus I normally have the leftovers the next day but Howard and Ted ate them too. Howard and Ted ate there hotdogs with hotdog rolls and I ate mine without. I have a gluten intolerance so I can’t eat the white bread. As far as I can gather they were both yummy. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx