Recently I have discovered that I can now eat sourdough. To be honest, I have missed it and I’m pleased I’m able to eat it again. One of my favourite breakfasts used to be scrambled egg on toast. When I discovered a gluten allergy I gave that one up. I know I could of eaten gluten free bread but I wasn’t a fan.
Now I can eat sourdough bread I decided to make myself this dish. Only this time I decided to make the eggs smokey with a few spices. The breakfast was so delicious and hopefully it’s one I’ll be eating again soon. Below is a video and recipe for you.
What foods have you rediscovered again, if any? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe.
- Sharp knife
- Frying pan
- Bowls x 2
- Bread x 1 slice
- Avocado x 1/2
- Eggs x 2
- Spring onions x 4
- Garlic x 1 clove
- Tomatoes x 10 -15 small
- Smoked paprika x 1 tsp
- Mild, medium or hot chilli powder x 1 tsp
- Ground sweet cinnamon x 1/2 tsp
- Oregano x 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for the pan
- Slice the tomatoes in half and set to one side.
- Cut the tops and the tails from the spring onions.
- Then slice the spring onions into half centimetre pieces.
- Peel the garlic cloves and slice it thinly.
- Put the frying pan onto a high heat on the hob and add oil to the base of the pan.
- When the pan is hot add in the spring onions and fry until they start to soften.
- Next add in the garlic and fry for a further minute or so.
- Then add in the tomatoes and fry for a good 5 minutes or so.
- Or until the tomatoes have softened completely.
- Now sprinkle over the smoked paprika, mild medium or hot chilli powder, ground sweet cinnamon and oregano.
- Fry for a further minutes or until the spices coat the vegetables.
- Next crack the egg into a bowl and scramble with a fork.
- Pour the scrambled egg into the frying pan and stir in with the other ingredients until the turn solid.
- Remove the eggs from the heat and set aside
- Put the bread into the toaster and toast until the colour you like it to be.
- Remove the skin and the stone from the avocado.
- Place the flesh of the avocado into a bowl and mash.
- Add salt and pepper to your tastes.
- Spread the avocado mash onto the toast.
- Place the scrambled egg mixture on top and serve.
- Then enjoy.
Smokey Scrambled Egg and Tomatoes on Avocado Toast was a hit with me. I made this breakfast the other day just for me and I enjoyed every bit too. It was a very easy breakfast to prepare and cook. Plus it didn’t take to long to get to the table. You could prepare the mashed avocado the night before but honestly it took two minutes to mash there is not much point. I really enjoyed this meal and I hope you will too. However you decide to eat this meal, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx