Gifts from Grandpa is my NEW recipe book – out NOW and available to buy on Amazon for only £19.99. Plus £1 from the sale of each book will go to Crisis the homeless charity.
Last week I posted my Chicken Dippers in Sweet Potato Pancake Baps and in this recipe I mention eating these delicious dippers with Sweet Chilli Sauce. So here is that recipe I promised I would put on my blog.
Yes, I know you can buy sweet chilli sauce from the supermarket. However, being sugar free means it’s a little bit more difficult for me to buy from the shops. So I decided to make my own and it was delicious.
My husband Howard really enjoyed it and as I mentioned in my previous blog he was a very happy boy when this meal was served twice to him. On both occasions he smothered the chicken dippers in the sauce and then ate it like a burger. There was not a crumb left on his plate and he even ate the salad too. It must have been good.
Makes about 100mls
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- Measuring jug
- Small Saucepan
- Chillies x 2 – 4
- Apple cider vinegar x 4 tbsps
- Coconut sugar or brown sugar x 4 tbsp
- Tamari or soy sauce x 4 tbsp
- Water x 100mls
- Cornflour x 2 tsp
- Oil for the saucepan
- Start by slicing the chillies.
- You can remove the seeds but you don’t have too.
- If you are removing the seeds slice the chillies length ways and scrape the seeds from the inside.
- Put a small saucepan on a high heat and add the chillies.
- Fry until they start to soften for about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Next add the coconut or brown sugar, the apple cider vinegar, tamari or soy sauce and water.
- Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Finally add the cornflour and keep stirring until it starts to thicken.
- Once it’s thick, remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Pour into a container and serve.
My Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce was delicious with my Chicken Dippers In A Sweet Potato Pancake Bap. I’m looking forward to trying it in other recipes as well. I’m sure it will be delicious with all different types of meals. The sweet chilli sauce will keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks. However you decide to eat this sauce, as always, enjoy .
What do you enjoy eating sweet chilli sauce with? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx
[…] Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce x 1 recipe […]