When I need an easy dessert to make for a large group of people I always go to one of my no bake vegan cheesecakes. These are great for a party or when you are in need of filling lots of tummies. We recently went on holiday with a large group of friends and this dessert was very popular.
It was even more popular than my Summer Fruit Berry which we also took with us on holiday. Our friends obviously love ginger as much as my husband does. When I make a dessert like this one he’s always telling me to put loads of ginger in. It’s become a bit of a running joke in our house.
If there is too much ginger in this cheesecake then you can always reduce it. Also if you are not a fan you can leave it out of the cheesecake. The lemon and lime add the sweet and sour flavour and the ginger just adds that extra bit of spice. On holiday this was the cheesecake that was eaten first so it’s well worth a try.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Fork or juicer
- Zester or fine grater
- Small bowl with lid
- Food processor
- Spring form cake tin
Ingredients for the cream cheese
- Cashew nuts x 200g
- Milk of your choice x enough to cover the nuts
- Coconut oil x 100mls
- Lemon x 1 (juice and zest)
- Lime x 1 (juice and zest)
- Maple syrup x 4 tbsps
Method for the topping
- Put the cashew nut into the small bowl with a lid.
- Pour over the milk until all of the nuts are covered by it.
- Place the lid on and put into the fridge overnight.
- The next day remove the nuts from the fridge and put them into the blender.
- Add in the coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Remove the skin from the outside of the lemon and lime using the zester or fine grater.
- Once most of the skin has been removed, cut the lemon and lime in half.
- Squeeze the juice from both these fruits using the fork or juicer.
- Now put the lid on the blender and blend these ingredients together.
- Once blended set aside.
Ingredients for the base
- Medjool dates x 150g
- Pecans x 150g
- Ginger x 2 – 3 tbsps (depending on how gingery you like it)
- Coconut oil x 100mls
Method for the base
- Remove the stones from the dates and put the flesh into the food processor.
- Add in the pecans, ginger and coconut oil.
- Blend until all the pecans are broken up into small pieces.
- Spread the mixture as evenly as possible across the base of the cake tin.
- Store in the fridge for at least an hour.
Method for putting the cheesecake together
- Remove the base from the fridge.
- Pour over the cream cheese and put back into the fridge.
- Store in the fridge for at least a couple of hours or until ready to eat.
- Then serve and enjoy.
No Bake Vegan Lemon, Lime and Ginger Cheesecake was very well received by my husband and his friends. By the end of dessert there was not a single portion left on the plate and all the people that ate the dessert left the table with clean plates. It’s simple and easy to do and it does not require an oven for it to be baked in. Plus all the ingredients are freezable so it could be made in advance of a party or as single pieces for you to eat when you want. However you decide to eat this dessert, as always, enjoy.
What’s your favourite flavour cheesecake? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx