The idea for this recipe came from a Channel Mum video I watched recently. In the video another channel was making Chicken Pesto Dippers and I thought they looked really yummy. The dippers in the video were made with breadcrumbs so sadly I can’t eat them. (For those of you that don’t know I have a gluten intolerance).
So I decided to try these with turkey and my breadcrumb alternative, ground flax seed. Ground flax seed makes a brilliant gluten free crumb. It turns crispy and golden brown just like breadcrumbs. Plus it doesn’t contain any chemical nasties like gluten free bread. I have used ground flax seed on fish cakes and chicken dippers. It worked so well I thought I would try it with these delicious dippers too.
My lovely husband Howard and son Ted really enjoyed this dinner and were very impressed with the dippers. We were not disappointed and we would recommend trying this recipe.
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping Board
- Bowls x 3
- Baking tray
- Turkey x 500g
- Homemade pesto x 1 recipe
- Ground flax seed x 200g
- Brown rice flour x 100g
- Chips x 1 recipe
- Warm Salad x 1 recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Now slice the turkey into 1 inch strips.
- Weigh and measure all the ingredients into the bowl.
- Roll a turkey strip in the brown rice flour.
- Next roll it in the pesto and finally in the ground flax seed.
- Repeat this process until all the turkey is covered in the ingredients.
- You may need more or less or each ingredients in the bowls.
- When you are finished with the flour, pesto and ground flax seed discard of any extra as you don’t want to be eating raw turkey.
- Put the turkey dippers into the baking tray and place in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Next make the chips recipe and put these into the oven.
- While these are cooking make the warm salad.
- Once everything is cooked, plate up, serve and enjoy.
Turkey Pesto Dippers, Chips and Salad were a huge success. They are great for kids and big kids like my husband. I would recommend making this dinner on the day. The pesto could be made in advance and frozen. However, that is the only part I would freeze for this dish. However you decide to make this dinner, as always, please enjoy.
What’s your favourite kids dinner? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx