Flapjacks are just the best. My husband and son love it when I decide to make a flapjack normally at the weekend. These were no exception and they really enjoyed eating this little treat. Below is the recipe and video on how to make this yummy treat. It’s a great recipe to make with kids or grandkids as there is no baking required. Good luck and enjoy!
My husband, son and I love a quick sweet treat and these bite sized pieces of flapjack are just delicious. Plus, they make a fantastic treat when you need a pick me up during the day. When I ate refined sugars and processed foods I liked nothing more than the bite sized treats you can buy from certain supermarkets.
So after I’d made another batch of my vegan millionaire shortbread I thought about if I could make it into bite sized pieces. (Watch this space for ‘bite sized’ vegan millionaire shortbread). I then thought about the flapjacks I make but I decided that as they can tend to be a little crumbly they probably wouldn’t be very good as bite sized pieces.
However, this lead me to thinking about a no bake flapjack. If the mixture sticks together well and they are kept in the fridge these should make brilliant bite sized pieces. Guess what, the no bake flapjack did stick very well and even better they cut into bite sized pieces. So the No Bake Easy Vegan Date and Chocolate Flapjack Bites were born and we thoroughly enjoyed them too.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large mixing bowl
- Small saucepan
- Baking tray
- Grease proof paper
- Gluten free oats x 200g
- Dates x 10 – 12
- Chia seeds x 4 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon x 1 – 2 tsp
- Raw cacao powder x 4 tbsp
- Coconut oil, unsalted butter or ghee x 125mls
- Maple syrup x 4 tbsp
- Weigh and measure all of your ingredients.
- Pre line the baking tray with the grease proof paper and set aside.
- Remove the stones from the dates using the sharp knife.
- Chop the dates into small pieces and put the chopped dates into the mixing bowl.
- Next add the oats, chia seeds and cinnamon.
- Stir these ingredients together and set aside.
- Put the small pan on a medium heat.
- Add the coconut oil, unsalted butter or ghee and the maple syrup and raw cacao powder.
- Melt these ingredients together.
- Once all the ingredients have been melted remove from the heat.
- Pour over the saucepan ingredients onto the mixing bowl ingredients.
- Mix these together until a doughy mixture has been formed.
- Pour the mix into the pre lined baking tray and put into the fridge for at least an hour.
- Once the flapjack has completely set cut into bite sized pieces.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Easy No Bake Vegan Date and Chocolate Flapjacks are a simple, fun and delicious way to enjoy a small treat. These flapjacks were very easy and quick. The huge bonus of these beauties is that you don’t even need to step near the oven. It’s not that I don’t enjoy using my oven but some days I just want a simple treat without having to wait for it to cool. You can also try baking these if you wish. Just add a teaspoon of baking powder to the oats and then the rest of the ingredients. Pop the baking tray in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remember you will have to leave them to cool completely before cutting into them. However you decide to eat these flapjacks, as always, enjoy.
What’s your smallest favourite treat? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx