Snack time is my favourite time of the day. As long as I have a couple of go-to sweet treats in the cupboard or fridge at snack time I know I will be OK. We all love a mid morning or mid afternoon treat and these roasted pecans are definitely a favourite of ours. They are great to keep in the cupboard or as an on-the-go snack. The blog and video link are below the picture so please feel free to check them out.
In the past I have soaked and baked a variety of nuts and seeds. But I never thought about coating them in different ingredients. Then I thought about how I could get my husband to eat pecans. As well as pecans he loves maple syrup so I then decided to cover the nuts in maple syrup and coconut oil. Once I tried a few of the Maple Roasted Pecans I then put them in another sweet treat. So my husband hasn’t even tried them yet. Oh well, maybe next time Hozza!
- Baking tray
- Greaseproof paper
- Air tight container
- Pecans x 100g
- Water x enough to cover the pecans in the bowl
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Put the pecans into the bowl and cover them in water.
- Now put the bowl into the fridge for at least six hours or preferably overnight.
- After the pecans have been soaked, remove from the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 120°C or gas mark 1/2.
- Drain the excess water through the colander.
- Put back into the bowl and set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together.
- Pour over the pecans and mix them together until they are coated in the coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Place a piece of greaseproof paper onto the baking tray.
- Spread the pecans over the tray.
- Once all the pecans are flat on the tray, put it into the oven for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- When the pecans are golden brown, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- When they have cooled completely, put in an airtight container until ready to eat.
- Then enjoy.
Maple Roasted Pecans are so yummy. I actually had to hide them from myself so I didn’t eat them all at once. They are sweet, crunchy and full of flavour. As long as they are kept in an airtight container they will keep for a couple of weeks. That’s if you can keep your hands off them for that long. As I mentioned earlier I used them in a different recipe and that recipe will be on my blog soon. So watch out for that on my channel. However you decide to eat this yummy snack, as always, enjoy.
Do you like nuts and seeds and what are your favourite combinations? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx