Cheesecake has to be a favourite dessert in our house. My husband does love a good cheesecake. When I told my husband and son that I was making an apple crumble cheesecake they looked at me as if I was bonkers. Then they tried it. I think they realised I hadn’t gone made and it was yummy. It’s simple and easy to do. If you’re wondering what to serve for a New Years Eve party then this it the dessert I think you should serve. The video is now on my YouTube channel Googie Kitchen and the recipe is below.
Do you love cheesecake and if so, what’s the most weird and wonderful cheesecake you’ve enjoyed? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
Makes 8 slices
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Food processor
- Spring loaded cake tin
- Stirring spoon
- Measuring jug
Ingredients for the base
- Dates x 150g
- Ground almonds x 150g
- Coconut oil x 100g
Method for the base
- Start by removing the stones from the dates with the knife.
- Place the dates into the food processor along with the ground almonds and coconut oil.
- Blend all of these ingredients together until a dough ball is formed.
- Remove the mixture from the processor and get the cake tin.
- Put the dough ball into the cake tin and using your hands spread it evenly across the base of the tin.
- Put the cake tin in the fridge overnight.
Ingredients for the filling
- Cashew nuts x 150g
- Milk of your choice x enough to cover the cashew nuts
- Apples x 2 eating
- Coconut or brown sugar x 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Water x 30mls
- Coconut oil x 100g
Method for the filling
- Cover the cashew nuts with the milk and place in the fridge to soak overnight.
- Peel the eating apples, cut into quarters and remove the core.
- Cut the quarters into small 1/2 centimetre pieces.
- Place in the saucepan along with the sugar, cinnamon and water.
- Cover with the lid and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling remove the lid and turn the heat down.
- Leave to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until soft.
- The next day remove the cashew nuts from the fridge and place in the food processor.
- Add in the coconut oil and blend these ingredients together until they are smooth.
- When they are smooth place in a mixing bowl.
- Drain off any excess water from the eating apples and add the apple pieces to the cashew nut paste.
- Mix both of these ingredients together.
- Remove the base from the fridge and pour over the cashew nut paste and apples.
- Put back into the fridge for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
Ingredients for the topping
- Delicious Roasted Pecans x 100g
Method for the topping
- Chop the pecans into small pieces.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and sprinkle over the pecans.
- Then slice the cheesecake and serve.
Apple Crumble Cheesecake, I’m pleased to say, was a huge success. My family ready enjoyed it. They all commented on how refreshing it tasted and how it was such a great idea for a cheesecake. I’m sure you’ll also agree, once you’ve made it, that it was quick and easy to make too. Plus all the ingredients are freezable so it could be made in advance of a meal. However you decide to eat this dessert, as always, enjoy.
Thank you. xxx