Toast with butter and jam for breakfast is one of the most comforting foods I think I used to eat. In recent years I have discovered a gluten intolerance so I can no longer eat bread. I don’t miss bread but I do miss toast with butter and jam. I used to love waking up to a slice or two of toast and a cup of tea in the morning.
Nowadays I have lots of fun trying to create another version of the breads I used to eat. When I bought bread from the supermarket I would normally buy a seeded wholemeal loaf. I find that these breads have more flavour and texture. So that’s why I decided to make this version of my quinoa bread and it was delicious. I ate it for my breakfast and enjoyed every last crumb. So I decided to share a video on how to make this delicious bread and also the blog post is below too.
What type of bread do you love eating for breakfast? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. xxx
Makes 1 loaf
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Potato peeler
- Nutribullet or blender
- Large mixing bowl
- Loaf Tin
- Plastic brush
- Grease proof paper
- Sweet Potato x 200g
- Almond butter x 4 tbsp
- Oat milk x 200mls (or a milk of your choice)
- Apple cider vinegar x 1 tbsp
- Quinoa x 200g
- Ground Almonds x 100g
- Pumpkin seeds x 2 tbsp
- Sunflower seeds x 2 tbsp
- Chia seeds x 2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds x 2 tbsp
- Baking powder x 2 tsp
- Bicarbonate of soda x 1tsp
- Salt x 1/2 tsp
- Date or maple syrup x 2 tsp
- Oil for the tin
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Oil the loaf tin and put grease proof paper inside the tin.
- Then oil the grease proof paper and set aside.
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into 2 centimetre pieces.
- Put the saucepan on the hob and fill it half way with water.
- Turn the heat on high and bring the water to the boil.
- Now turn the water down to a medium temperature and leave to simmer.
- Place the colander on top of the pan and add the sweet potato.
- Put the lid onto the colander and leave the potatoes to cook for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile put the quinoa into the blender and blend until it resembles a flour.
- Pour into the large mixing bowl and add the seeds, ground almond flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Mix these ingredients together.
- When the sweet potato can fall from the fork easily it’s cooked.
- So remove from the heat and leave to cool until touchable.
- Next pour the milk, almond butter and apple cider vinegar into the blender.
- Add in the sweet potato and blend all of these ingredients together.
- Now pour the blended ingredients over the ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Mix all of these ingredients together.
- If the ingredients are bit dry add a little bit more milk.
- Pour the ingredients into the loaf tin that was prepared earlier.
- Put the tin into the oven for 20 – 25 mins or until golden brown.
- Once the loaf is golden brown remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- When the loaf has cooled completely, slice, serve and enjoy.
Vegan Seeded, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Loaf was a delicious bread. It was so yummy for breakfast with half an avocado sliced and scrambled egg on top. The loaf would also be good with soups or can go with a salad. Plus you could also eat this bread as a sandwich too. All of the ingredients are freezable so you can freeze the loaf to make it last longer. However you decide to eat this bread, as always, please enjoy. xxx
Thank you xxx