Whenever I hear a person say, ‘Chicken Noodle Soup’ it always reminds me of the TV series Friends. You know the one where Rachel asks Joey to make Chicken Noodle Soup sound sexy and he does! So when I decided to make this dish for my little family all I kept thinking during the cooking process was ‘Chicken Noodle Soup’.
Before I started making this meal I thought about how to make a soup with the leftover chicken we had in the freezer. I always buy a large chicken from our local butcher and freeze any leftovers. That’s when Chicken Noodle Soup came to my mind. It was then I knew I had to make this dish. My family and I really enjoyed this soup and it’s one we will be having again. Below is the video on how to make this dish and also the recipe too.
Do you remember the TV series Friends? If so, what was your favourite part from that show? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large Saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Soup spoon
- Chicken breasts x 500g
- Spring Onions x 1 bunch
- Carrot x 1
- Red pepper x 1
- Green Beans x 2 large handfuls
- Tamari or soy sauce x 2 tbsp
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 tsp
- Chicken stock x 800mls
- Gluten free wholemeal noodles x 500g
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and slice the carrot.
- Cut the top from the pepper.
- Remove the core and the stalk.
- Slice the pepper into thin strips.
- Now cut the tops and the bottoms from the spring onions.
- Next slice the spring onions into half centimetre pieces.
- Remove the skin from the garlic and slice it.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inches pieces.
- Put a large pan on a high heat and add oil.
- Spread the oil around the base of the pan as evenly as possible with the plastic brush.
- When the pan is hot, add in the spring onions and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Once the spring onion starts to soften, add in the chicken.
- Fry until the chicken is golden brown.
- Add in the carrots and red pepper and fry for a further few minutes.
- Sprinkle over the dried mixed herbs and tamari and fry for another minute.
- Pour over the chicken stock and bring it to the boil.
- Put the green beans in and bring the stock to the boil again.
- Turn the heat down and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put in the wholemeal noodles and cook as per the packet instructions.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Chicken Noodle Soup was a quick and easy meal that my little family enjoyed eating. It was simple but so tasty. A great one for a cold winter’s night or as a weekend lunch meal. I would suggest not freezing the noodles especially if they are rice ones. The rest of this dish is freezable so it could be made in advance of a meal. Then cook the noodles before serving the dish. However you decide to eat this soup, as always, enjoy. Thank you xxx