Slow cooking is a great way to get dinner on the table without too much fuss. A few years ago I made my Nan’s Rice Pudding in the slow cooker. So this led me to start thinking about the different desserts I could cook in my cooker pot.
It took me a long time to start cooking desserts in the slow cooker but I finally made a delicious chocolate brownie. The brownie was sweet and gooey and it made a yummy pudding after our Sunday lunch. My family and I really enjoyed this dish and my mum had two portions so I know it’s a great dessert. Well worth a try.
Do you make desserts in the slow cooker and if so, what are your favourites? Let me know in the comments below and please do forget to like and follow me.
- Mixing bowl
- Stirring spoon
- Nutribullet or blender
- Loaf tin
- Slow cooker
- 70% dark chocolate x 50g
- Vegan butter x 25g
- Coconut sugar x 50g
- Maple syrup x 2 tbsp
- Bananas x 2 large
- Vanilla extract x 1 tsp
- Coconut cream x 25mls
- Ground gluten free oats x 50g
- Baking powder x 1 tsp
- Pecan pieces x 25g
- Raisins x 25g
- Line the base and sides of a loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- Make sure the loaf tin fits into the slow cooker first.
- Remove the grease proof paper and pour a little oil into the base of the tin.
- Spread the oil evenly across the base and up the sides of the tin.
- Put the grease proof paper back in and oil the paper too.
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter together in the saucepan.
- Once these ingredients have melted together set the pan aside.
- In the blender or nutribullet grind the coconut sugar and oats together.
- Pour these into the mixing bowl along with the baking powder, pecan pieces and raisins.
- Mix these ingredient together.
- Next break up the two bananas and put these into the nutribullet or blender.
- Add in the coconut cream and chocolate and butter mixture.
- Finally add the vanilla extract and blend all of these ingredients together.
- Once these are well mixed remove the lid and add to the mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into the pre-lined baking tray.
- Cover the top of the tin with tin foil and put this into the slow cooker pot.
- Pour boiling water half way up the side of the tin.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook for about 2 hours on high.
- Carefully remove the tin from the slow cooker and allow the cake to cool completely.
- Once the tin has cooled, remove the cake and discard the lining paper.
- Then serve with coconut cream and maple syrup and enjoy.
Slow Cooked Chocolate Brownie Cake Slices was a huge hit in our house. As I have already mentioned, I served this dessert with coconut cream and maple syrup. The Chocolate Brownie is a great dessert. All the ingredients can be prepared and put into the slow cooker. You can then leave this dessert to cook while you go and cook the main dish/dishes. It’s so simple and easy. You just have to try it. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, enjoy. Thank you. xxx