A huge ‘must have’ with our roast dinners is Honey Roast Parsnips and Carrots. In recent months I have been thinking about adding different ingredients to our roast dinners. I had been meaning to try BBQ Roast Chicken. So I decided to add a different sauce to the raw chicken.
While I was adding the sauce to the chicken I spotted the cumin seeds in the cupboard. I felt this would be a great addition for the honey roast parsnips and carrots. I love adding different ingredients to my dishes and I, normally, always enjoy the end result.
This was one occasion I really enjoyed the finale. The whole meal was packed full of flavour and my mouth was alive with taste during this dinner. It’s one I will be making again. If you love lots of flavour in your meals then this is one for your recipe books.
Do you like to add spices and herbs to your dinners and if so, which ones? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Potato peeler
- Roasting tray
- Plastic brush
- Parsnips x 2 large
- Carrots x 4 large
- Olive oil x 2 tbsps
- Honey x 2 tbsps
- Cumin seeds x 1 – 2 tsps
- Salt x 1 pinch
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and put in the baking tray.
- Cut the tops and bottoms from the parsnips and carrots.
- Then peel and quarter the vegetables length ways.
- Once the oven has preheated remove the baking tray from the oven.
- Put the olive oil in and add the parsnips and carrots.
- Toss the vegetables in the baking tray and then brush over the oil to make sure they are evenly coated.
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the honey.
- Brush the honey over the vegetables until they are coated evenly and toss again.
- Return the baking tray to the oven for a further 30 – 40 minutes.
- Once cooked serve with a roast dinner and enjoy.
Cumin Infused Honey Roast Parsnips and Carrots was a huge hit in this house. We invited my mum over for Sunday lunch. I was a bit worried as mum is not a fan of spicy foods. The Cumin Infused Parsnips and Carrots she thoroughly enjoy and so did the rest of my family too. Plus any leftovers can be put into a soup. Click here for the recipe. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, enjoy. Thank you xxx