As the weather in the UK has started to get slightly (ha, ha) warmer I thought I would start making homemade ice cream. Whenever we go on a family trip my husband Howard and son Ted will normally always get an ice cream. As we haven’t been going on any trips recently due to lock down I thought it would be a good time to start making my own.
We always keep frozen fruit in the freezer and we normally always have frozen mango. My son and I like to snack on it and I like to use it in my cooking too. I find if it’s in the freezer all chopped up I’m more likely to eat it than if it’s in the fruit bowl as a whole fruit. As we love this fruit so much I decided to grab a can of coconut milk and a few other ingredients and turn into a fabulous ice cream.
What ice creams do you enjoy when you go out on a trip? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and subscribe.
- Nutribullet or blender
- Tupperware box or box with a lid
- Coconut milk x 1 400g tin
- Frozen or fresh mango x 2 large handfuls
- Tahini x 2 tbsp (optional)
- Maple syrup x 2 tbsp
- Ginger x 2 tsp
- Add the coconut milk, mango, maple syrup and ginger to the Nutribullet or blender.
- Blend all of the ingredients together.
- Pour the liquid into the tupperware box and put into the freezer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the box from the freezer and put the contents back into the blender and blend for a further few minutes.
- Pour the liquid back into the box and put back into the freezer.
- Repeat this process one or two more times.
- Then leave for at least six hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove from freezer an hour before serving.
- Now scoop the ice cream from the box, serve in a bowl or a cone and enjoy.
Mango and Ginger Ice Cream was a delicious way to eat one of our favourite fruits. My husband Howard and son Ted were very pleased when I told them I was making homemade ice cream. Ted was not the biggest fan of this flavour. I think it was the tahini I added to it that put him off. Howard really enjoyed this flavour and so did I. The tahini is optional so if you’re not a fan then please leave it out of the ice cream. However you decide to enjoy this sweet treat, as always, please enjoy.