Biscuits or cookies are one of my favourite snacks. I always like to have a jar of homemade biccies to hand. Recently, I have been making the same biscuits which I love, but occasionally I feel it’s time to experiment. I really enjoy exploring my kitchen cupboards and looking for ingredients I have never tried together before.
On this occasion, the ghee and honey just jumped at me when I opened the pantry. Therefore I decided to try these ingredients in a biscuit. Now I can’t get enough of this flavour combination. I have made these biscuits twice and each time I make them they seem to disappear within days. My husband Howard and son Ted have also been eating these biscuits/cookies. It’s definitely one I will be making again. Below is a video and recipe for you.
What’s your favourite biscuit to bake? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
Makes 16 – 20
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Baking tray
- Cooling rack
- Gluten free oats x 200g
- Chickpea flour x 100g
- Brown rice flour x 100g, plus extra for dusting
- Ground flax seed x 50g
- Coconut or brown sugar x 50g
- Baking powder x 1 tsp
- Cinnamon x 1 – 2 tsp
- Ghee or unsalted butter x 150g
- Honey x 100g
- Salt x 1/2 tsp
- Start by mixing the gluten free oats, chickpea flour, brown rice flour, ground flax seed, coconut or brown sugar and cinnamon in the large mixing bowl.
- Cut the vegan butter, ghee or butter into chunks and put into the sauce pan.
- Put on a low to medium heat and stir until the butter has melted.
- It should take around 5 mins.
- Next mix the honey into the melted butter
- Then finally add the butter to the ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix until they form a large ball and use your hands to do so if you need to.
- Using the extra brown rice flour, roll out the dough.
- Roll out the dough to about a half centimetre thickness.
- Use the cutter and cut your biscuits.
- Repeat the process until you have used all the dough.
- Place the biscuits onto boards and put into the fridge for about thirty minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for around 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finally place on a cooling rack and leave to cool.
- Then enjoy.
As you can imagine the Honey and Ghee Biscuits/Cookies have been very popular in this house. These biscuits make a great snack but they also make a good after dinner or lunch treat too. They also make a brilliant present for a relative or friend as well. That’s if you don’t eat them all before you give them away. However you decide to eat these biccies, as always, please enjoy! xxx