Fish and burgers are two of my son Ted’s favourite foods. Ted never really complains when I serve either of these for dinner. Plus Ted doesn’t mind eating a butter bean as well. Therefore when I put all of these ingredients together I felt like a magician.
Ted always tells his father and me at any meal that he doesn’t eat vegetables. I feel that he thinks this should be common knowledge. That he shouldn’t have to tell me every time I put vegetables on his plate. I tell Ted he doesn’t try them enough to know if he doesn’t like them. It doesn’t wash but it’s worth a try.
It’s why I like beans so much and I like that Ted enjoys beans too. They are vegetables and Ted hasn’t realised . . . yet. So I’m always trying to think of new ways to feed my family fish and beans. When I had this thought I decided to try this recipe. It was delicious and a hit in our house too. We know it will be a huge hit in your house too.
Do you love salmon and what’s your favourite way to eat this fish? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Fish knife
- Chopping board
- Food processor
- Baking tray
- Grease proof paper
- Salmon x 3 fillets (125g each)
- Butter Beans x 2 400g tin
- Tomato puree x 2 tbsp
- Tamari or soy sauce x 2 tbsp
- Ground flax seed x 2 – 4 tbsps
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method for the burgers
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
- Carefully using the fish knife, remove the skin from the fish.
- If you buy your fish from a fishmongers then ask them to remove it.
- Cut the fish into 2 chunky pieces and put them into the food processor.
- Drain and wash the butter beans through the colander.
- Put the beans into the food processor as well.
- Next put in the tamari, soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of the flax seed.
- Blend these ingredients together.
- If the mixture looks a little wet add another couple of tablespoons of the flax seed into the mixture.
- Blend again.
- Make into 4 large burgers or eight smaller burgers.
- Add a sheet of grease proof paper to the baking tray.
- Put the burgers into the baking tray and cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finally serve with chips and a side of your choice.
- Then enjoy.
Salmon and Butter Bean Burgers was very well received by my little family. The burgers were simple and easy to do. They could be made in advance of a meal and frozen. Then defrosted before eating and cooked with chips. I cooked this meal with my homemade sweet potato chips and they were yummy too.