Christmas! The snows falling! Christmas! Oh yes Christmas is finally on its way. The festive season will soon be upon us! To celebrate I have been in the kitchen this week thinking of delicious NEW recipes for this time of year.
Gingerbread is not a food I would associate with my childhood Christmases. I can honestly say I don’t think we ate this a lot in our house. For me if you mention Gingerbread I always think of America and their Thanks Giving and Christmas. I think this type of food has been brought to us by a certain coffee chain and other stores too.
Although it’s not traditional to eat Gingerbread in our house I quite like to break with tradition. So this year I decided to try a few recipes with this flavouring in. I’m so pleased I did as this was so yummy and I know you will enjoy it too.
- Nutribullet or blender
- Tupperware box
- Coconut milk x 1 400ml tin
- Tahini x 2 tbsps
- Maple syrup x 2 tbsp
- Ground ginger x 2 tsp
- Ground cinnamon x 1/2 tsp
- Ground nutmeg x 1/4 tsp
- Ground cloves x 1/4 tsp
- Pour the coconut milk into the nutribullet cup or blender.
- Add in the ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground cloves.
- Now add in the maple syrup and blend these ingredients together.
- Blend until all the ingredients are combined together.
- Empty the contents of the nutribullet or blender cup into a tupperware box.
- Put a lid on the box and place it into the freezer for a couple of hours.
- Take the box from the freezer and blend in the nutribullet again.
- Repeat the process two more times.
- Leave the ice cream in the freezer for at least six of hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove from the freezer about an hour before serving.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Gingerbread Ice Cream was a big hit with my husband Howard and myself. We ate it with a slice of the my Homemade Apple Pie and it was so yummy. I thought it would be good with my Homemade Sticky Toffee pudding too. The ice cream can be kept in the freezer for up to six weeks. Therefore you could make it in advance of a meal and simply serve it when you want to eat it. That’s if you can wait that long. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx