Chocolate and strawberries is one of my favourite combinations. I love the smooth chocolate to cover the juicy strawberry. For me it’s my ultimate summer dessert. One of the fruits Britain does best is strawberries and I always remember summers spent eating this delicious fruit. If my dad was making it he would add sherry and sugar to his version. As a teenager I would gobble this dessert up.
As an adult I discovered chocolate covered strawberries and suddenly I preferred these to my dad’s dessert. Sorry dad!! I always have a bar or two of dark chocolate in my cupboard. I tend to eat this after my lunch so to add a favourite fruit to that was just magic for me. The other day I was wondering what to do with a box of British strawberries we had brought from the supermarket. I knew if I added a chocolate mousse to this my husband Howard and I would gobble it up. We did and we think you will too.
Do you like dark chocolate and if so, what’s your favourite brand? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Small saucepan
- Stirring spoon
- Bowls x 2
- Serving spoon
- Strawberries x 2 handfuls
- Coconut cream x 200g
- Maple syrup x 2 tbsp
- Raw cacao powder or cocoa powder x 2 tbsp
- Put the small pan on a high heat on the hob.
- Pour in the coconut cream and stir it until it’s heated through.
- Add in the maple syrup and raw cacao powder or cocoa powder.
- Stir these ingredients into the coconut cream.
- Once they are mixed in take the saucepan off the heat and leave to cool completely.
- When the mousse has cooled completely put in the fridge for 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- When the mousse is cold hull the strawberries.
- To hull a strawberry, insert a small knife into the top of a strawberry near the green leaves.
- Using the knife, cut around the outside and back to the start.
- Pull on the green leaves which will take out that part of the strawberry and the stem inside.
- Repeat the process until all the strawberries are hulled.
- Slice the strawberries apart from two whole strawberries
- The whole strawberries will be put on top of the mousse.
- Remove the mousse from the fridge.
- Spoon half of the mousse into each bowl and place the sliced strawberries on top.
- Place the whole strawberries in the middle and serve.
- Then enjoy.
Strawberry Chocolate Mousse was a huge hit with Howard. He even asked during the week if we had anymore after dinner one night. When my husband asks for more, I know this was a great pudding. All the ingredients in the mousse are freezable so you could make this in advance then freeze it for later. It’s a great dish to serve at a dinner party or as a sweet treat mid morning or mid afternoon. If you fancy a sweet treat with strawberries in then this is simply yummy. However you decide to eat this dessert, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx