As a child growing up in the UK I always remember strawberries being a big part of my summer. My Nan lived next door to a man who would grow his own vegetables and fruits. Every year he would have a bountiful supply of strawberries. He was a very generous man who would always give a batch to my nan. We would have these as a treat after our lunch or dinner. My nan would serve them with sugar and cream.
Nan was a good cook but she didn’t enjoy it as much as she did being in the garden. Therefore she would always eat the strawberries in the same way. As much as I love strawberries and cream I also enjoy a change too. During the summer my son Ted tends to love an ice cream or two. I thought I would ask him if he wanted try strawberries ice cream with white chocolate chips. He didn’t argue. The result were amazing and it’s definitely one you can make on a warm summers day too. It made a delicious change to strawberries and cream.
Have you eaten your strawberries in a different way this year, if so, how? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Nutribullet or blender
- Tupperware box
- Coconut milk x 1 400ml tin
- Strawberries x 2 large handfuls
- White Choc Chips x 150g
- Maple Syrup x 2 tbsp
- Start by hulling the strawberries.
- To hull a strawberry, insert a small knife into the top of a strawberry near the green leaves.
- Using the knife, cut around the outside and back to the start.
- Pull on the green leaves which will take out that part of the strawberry and the stem inside.
- Repeat the process until all the strawberries are hulled.
- Pour the coconut milk into the nutribullet cup or blender.
- Put all the strawberries into the blender too.
- Now add in the maple syrup and blend these ingredients together.
- Blend until all the ingredients are combined together.
- Empty the contents of the nutribullet or blender cup into a tupperware box.
- Put a lid on the box and place it into the freezer for a couple of hours.
- Take the box from the freezer and blend in the nutribullet again.
- Repeat the process two more times.
- On the last attempt add in the white choc chips or chips of your choice after you have blended the ingredients together.
- Leave the ice cream in the freezer for at least six of hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove from the freezer about an hour before serving.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Strawberry and White Choc Chip Ice Cream was, of course, a huge hit with us in this house. It’s a great dish to make and store in the freezer for up to six weeks. That’s if it lasts that long though. We ate this desert for our Saturday night after dinner treat in front of the TV. The ice cream is delicious as a mid morning or afternoon treat but it’s also good as a lunch or dinner pudding too. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx