There are times when all I want is a simple dinner freshly cooked and put on the table for me and my family. I have to admit this doesn’t happen very often to me as I love cooking in my kitchen. I am human too. That’s why I’m so pleased we invested in a slow cooker for our kitchen. The post is not an advert for slow cookers but I just want to let you know of the benefits of owning one.
Firstly and probably the most important fact is they save electricity and therefore save you money. Next you can just put all the ingredients for dinner into this pot and let it cook away all day. There are so many dishes you can cook in a slow cooker. I normally make main meals but occasionally I have made a dessert. Plus they are great for cooking bone broth in too. Finally when I cook in my slow cooker it feels like the fairies have come to cook the dinner. It’s definitely been one of the best investments and this is a brilliant meal to cook in it too.
What’s your favourite dish to cook in a slow cooker? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Slow cooker
- Chicken breasts x 500g
- Onion x 1
- Carrots x 1
- Butternut squash x 1
- Yellow pepper x 1
- Green beans x 2 handfuls
- Coconut cream x 1 400g tin
- Chicken or vegetable stock x 200mls
- Ground turmeric x 1 tsp
- Mild, medium or hot curry powder x 1 tsp
- Dried oregano x 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by peeling and slicing the onion.
- Peel the carrot and grate it.
- Cut the top from the pepper and remove the core and stalk.
- Slice and dice the flesh of the pepper.
- Now peel the butternut squash and slice the squash into 2 centimetre cubes.
- Slice the chicken into 2 inch pieces and put all these ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Pour in the coconut cream and the chicken or vegetable stock.
- Sprinkle in the ground turmeric, mild medium or hot chilli powder and the dried oregano.
- Add salt and pepper to your tastes.
- Put the lid on and turn the slow cooker on to high for 4 hours and low for eight hours.
- Finally add in the green beans thirty minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Then serve with rice or a naan bread and enjoy.
Slow Cooker Simple Chicken Curry was a hit in our house. I have to say when I cook a chicken dinner it’s normally very well received. My husband Howard and son Ted are great fans of chicken. The dish is a great weekend or week day meal. You could eat this instead of a takeaway on a Saturday night. Just throw all the ingredients into the pot the night before and turn the slow cooker on in the morning. Let it cook away all day and there is your takeaway down. Thank you. xxx