Slow cookers are simply the best! For me a slow cooker gives me so much more time. I don’t have to stand at a hob and cook. All I do is put the ingredients into the pot, put the lid on turn on and let it cook away. It does the hard work for me. Stews are perfect for slow cookers too. As winter is on the way I’ve been thinking about more warming foods we can eat this cold season.
A slow cooker is another brilliant way to provide a hot meal for your family without to much stress. During the colder months stews, soups and curries are perfect ways to warm the body up from the inside out. They can help to warm up our central heating system in the cold weather. In turn this helps to keep the cold out and hopefully keep our bodies well during this time too. It’s definitely worth investing in a slow cooker this winter and then trying this recipe. We loved this stew and we hope you do too.
What’s your favourite warming winter dish? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Vegetable peeler
- Slow cooker
- Stirring spoon
- Beef stewing steak x 500g
- Bone Broth x 800 ml – 1 litre
- Onion x 1 large
- Red pepper x 1
- Courgette x 1
- Butternut squash x 1
- Carrots x 1
- Green beans x 2 handfuls
- Tamari x 2 tbsp
- Cayenne pepper x 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
- Mild, medium ore hot chilli powder x 1 tsp
- Garlic granules x 1 tsp
- Smoked paprika x 1 tsp
- Ground coriander x 1 tsp
- Ground ginger x 1 tsp
- Ground sweet cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Oregano x 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to your tastes
- Chickpea, rice or plain flour x 2 tbsps
- Cut the beef steak into chunk if not already cut and put this is the slow cooker.
- Peel the onion and the slice it.
- Now cut the top from the pepper and remove the core and the stalk.
- Slice the flesh of the pepper and put it into the slow cooker.
- Next peel the courgette and slice it.
- Also peel the carrot and slice it as well.
- Then using the vegetable peeler again peel the butternut squash and cut it into 1 centimetre cubes.
- Put these vegetable into the slow cooker along with the green beans.
- Sprinkle over the chickpea, rice or plain flour, cayenne pepper, mild, medium or hot chilli powder, smoked paprika, ground coriander, ground sweet cinnamon and the oregano.
- Mix these ingredients together.
- Pour over the bone broth or tamari.
- Add salt and pepper to your tastes and stir all of these ingredients together.
- Turn the slow cooker on for 4 hours on high and 8 hours on low.
- Before the end of the cooking process cook the rice or pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Once everything is cooked, serve and enjoy.
Slow Cooker Spicy Beef Stew with Rice or Pasta was a big hit in our house. My husband Howard and son Ted really enjoyed it. Although Ted did think it was slightly to spicy for him. If you have children who don’t mind spice but don’t like it to spicy you could leave out the cayenne pepper. It will cool the stew down a little bit. There were also leftovers from this meal which I have put into containers and I’m now storing in the freezer. It’s great to have leftover in the freezer. They make a really easy mid week or weekend dinner. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you. xxx