Green vegetables have always been a favourite of mine. I eat that many greens my husband has nicknamed me the ‘Rabbit’. Well Howard I’m now drinking my greens too. Winter is finally here in the UK. The temperature has dropped and it’s cold outside baby! One of the best ways to keep the body well during Winter months is to heat it up from the inside out.
Eating or drinking soup is a great way to help warm the body in the colder months. It’s also a brilliant way to detox too. Broccoli is a fantastic detox veggie. It contains a chemical compound called sulforaphane. Sulforaphane is a compound that can help fight infectious cells in the body. Eating broccoli can help to to boost the liver’s ability to clear bad chemicals from the body. Therefore drinking it in a soup is even healthier. Plus it’s a super tasty way to fill up on nutrients.
What do you think is the best way to eat broccoli? Let me know in the comment below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Stirring spoon
- Fresh broccoli x 600g
- Dried cannellini beans x 200g
- Cashew nut cream cheese x 100g
- Oat milk x 800mls
- Nutritional yeast x 4 tbsps
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the beans as per the packet instructions.
- Cut the broccoli into pieces and set aside.
- Put the large saucepan onto a high heat and add water to about two thirds full.
- Bring the water to the boil and add in the broccoli.
- Turn the heat down and leave to simmer for a good five minutes.
- When the broccoli falls off the fork it is time to remove it from the hob and drain it through the colander over the sink.
- Pour the oat milk, cashew nut cream cheese and add in the broccoli, dried cannellini beans, nutritional yeast and salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend these ingredients together.
- When all the ingredients are smooth pour the soup back into the large saucepan, heat through gently and stir with the stirring spoon.
- Then serve when hot and enjoy with chucky bread and chickpea flour wraps.
Broccoli and Cheese Soup (Vegan) was a big hit with me. My husband Howard and son Ted are not great fans of greens so they didn’t eat this one. I did make it for 4 people but I froze the other three portions for another occasion. That’s the beauty of this recipe. All the ingredients are freezable so you can make a big batch and freeze it. The soup was so creamy and nutty. It was a great way to drink my greens. I enjoyed this dish and I hope you do too. However you decide to drink this soup, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx