Chocolate is one of my favourite foods. When I could eat gluten I would normally always eat chocolate cake in a cafe or restaurant if it was on the menu. Since my gluten intolerance and the fact I have given up processed foods and sugar I no longer eat this little sweet treat. It does not stop me from enjoying the sweet taste of chocolate.
Nowadays I normally make my own homemade treats and I love a hot chocolate. Also I really like to experiment with flavour so I’m always testing new ideas. I used ground sweet cinnamon in a lot of my savoury dishes and sweet ones too. The one place I had never tried this sweet spice was in a hot chocolate and I’m so pleased I did. It made a sweet and refreshing change from a plain hot chocolate. It’s one I will be having again soon. Below is a video and recipe for you.
What’s your favourite hot chocolate? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Food processer
- Ground Sweet Cinnamon x 2 tsp
- Raw cacao powder x 2 heaped tsp
- Medjool dates x 2
- Oat milk x 1 mug
- Remove the stones from the dates and put them into the blender.
- Add in the cinnamon, the milk and the raw cacao powder.
- Blend all of these ingredients together.
- I like to blend it twice as I find it creates a much smoother texture.
- When the ingredients are smooth pour into the saucepan and heat through.
- Once the hot chocolate is warm pour it back into the mug.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Sweet Cinnamon Hot Chocolate was a delicious drink I enjoyed with my breakfast. It makes a great morning, afternoon or evening drink. It would be yummy as a dessert with a couple of homemade biscuit. The drink would also make a lovely mid morning or afternoon snack too. However you decide to drink this hot chocolate, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx