As I was writing this post my husband Howard walked past the computer and said, ‘Oh Potato Bolognese, that sounds good!’ I turned to him and gave him a strange look. Howard looked confused and asked why I was looking at him strangely.
At this point I was very confused. I had made this meal, admittedly it was a little while ago, but I’m sure he told me when he was eating that it was a very tasty dish. I told Howard he had eaten this meal but unfortunately he didn’t remember.
To be honest, I do make a lot of different meals so it shouldn’t really surprise me that Howard doesn’t remember every single one. Although this was a delicious dinner that we all enjoyed. The reason I enjoyed it so much was it didn’t take to long to prepare. Then I left all the ingredients to cook in my slow cooker. A perfect way to have dinner on the table without too much fuss.
Have you ever cooked a yummy meal that no one can remember. Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Frying pan with lid
- Large saucepan
- Mince beef x 500g
- Onions x 1 large
- Carrots x 2
- Courgette x 2
- Tomatoes x 2 400g tins
- Tomato puree x 2 tbsp
- Bone broth x 250mls
- Dried oregano x 1tsp
- Bay leaves x 2
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spinach x 2 large handfuls
- Maris piper potatoes x 600 – 800g
- Start by peeling and grating the carrots and courgettes.
- Peel and slice the onions and the garlic.
- Put these ingredients into the slow cooker pot.
- Next peel the potatoes and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Put the potato pieces into the pot.
- Add the mince beef to the pot too.
- Pour over the beef broth and tomatoes.
- Add in the tomato puree, oregano and bay leaves.
- Finally sprinkle over salt and pepper to your taste.
- Stir all the ingredients into the sauce.
- Place the slow cooker lid onto the pot and cook these ingredients for 3 – 4 hours on high or 7 – 8 hours on low.
- When everything is cooked add in the spinach and let it wilt down.
- Finally serve and enjoy.
Slow Cooking Potato Bolognese was a scrummy dinner that feed my little family and me. We ate this meal on a Sunday evening after a busy day. I promise you we all enjoyed it at that time. It’s a meal I will have to cook again to jog my families memory. It’s a great dish to cook when you don’t have much time in the evening. You could also batch cook this meal and make enough to freeze for another occasion. It makes an easy mid week or weekend dish. We loved it and we hope you do too. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx