Rose petals are not an ingredient I would have ever thought to put in my food. Many years ago I started buying herbal teas and in recent years I have enjoyed many. Although I like a herbal tea I now love making my own combinations. The other week I made a sleep night time tea which was so good. When I was making the tea I decided to try the rose petals in date balls.
Before I started the process I checked as to whether it would be ok to eat rose petals. Then I set to work grabbing ingredients from the fridge and pantry. At first I was a little apprehensive as to whether these date balls would be tasty or even taste of rose.I have to be honest I was pleasantly surprised by the date balls were very palatable. Plus they were chewy and soft too. It’s definitely a recipe I will be making again soon.
What the most extreme food you’ve eaten that you didn’t think you could eat? let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Food processor
- Tupperware box or airtight container
- Medjool dates x 150g
- Almond butter x 150g
- Raw cacao powder or cocoa powder x 2 tbsp plus extra for dusting
- Rose petals x 4 tbsp
- Remove the stones from the dates and put them into the food processor.
- Add in the almond butter raw cacao powder or cocoa powder and rose petals.
- Blend all of these ingredients together until the mixture forms a sort of ball.
- Take a piece of the mixture and roll it between your hands until it forms a ball.
- Roll it in the extra raw cacao powder or cocoa until it is covered.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the mixture.
- Put in the fridge for a couple of hours or preferably overnight.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Chocolate and Rose Date Balls were a huge hit with me. When I made these the other day I hid them in the fridge so I could enjoy them for myself. Shh, don’t tell my husband or son!!! I had to make sure they were ok first. Trust me, they you won’t want to give your ones away. If you do decide to gift them then they do make a delicious gift for a family member or friend. Hee, hee! However you decide to eat this treat or whoever you give it to, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx