Christmas breakfasts are always a great way to kick start the day. Every year I like to invent a variation of the previous years breakfast. For a few years we ate smoked salmon for breakfast. In recent years it seems to be posh bacon and eggs that helps us to kick start our day. For me breakfast is the most important meal of the day. To be honest I can’t function properly without it.
Therefore when there is lots to do at Christmas I always make sure to fuel my body ready for the busy day ahead. Our Christmas, like many people’s, is focused around food. We try to eat most of our meals together at the kitchen table all year round but even more at Christmas. To start our day this year I have added a couple of family favourites that I’m sure we are going to enjoy and wee hope you will too. Below is a video and recipe for you.
What foods do you love to eat on Christmas day? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Frying pan
- Fish slice
- Sweet potato pancakes x 2
- Eggs x 2
- Parma ham or bacon x 2 slices
- Simple onion chutney x 2 tbsps
- Olive oil
- Put the sweet potato pancakes on the plate.
- Place the frying pan onto the hob and turn onto a high heat.
- Add oil to the base of the pan.
- When the pan is hot crack the eggs and fry until the eggs turn white.
- Remove the from the pan and place the eggs on top of the pancakes.
- Leave the pan on the hob but turn it down if it’s too hot.
- Then add in the parma ham or bacon and fry until it start to cook the fat on the outer edge.
- Remove from the pan and place under or on top of the eggs.
- Place the onion chutney on the plate as well.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Bacon, Eggs and Simple Onion Chutney was a yummy breakfast. I have no doubts we will be eating this on Christmas day. The simple onion chutney was very easy to make but it will need to be made in advance of this meal. Also the sweet potato pancakes could be made in advance of this meal too. They can be frozen and defrosted when you want to eat them. Then all you have to do on the day is fry the eggs and the parma ham or bacon and add the chutney. De-li-cious!