When it’s cold outside there is nothing better than coming home to a big hot bowl of steaming soup. Soup is a healthy and filling meal. It’s also very easy to prepare and cook. Many people, not that it’s a bad thing will buy soup from the supermarket. Honestly, with a slow cooker it’s very easy to make a soup at home.
Plus slow cookers are very economical and can save money. They are cheaper than cooking in the oven. The best part about a slow cooker is putting all the ingredients into the pot and leaving them to cook most of the day. In recent years I have made a variety of soups mainly in the slow cooker. They have all been delicious but this one has to be a favourite. We all enjoyed this dinner and we hope you do too. Below is video and recipe for you.
Do you have a slow cooker and if so, what’s your favourite meal to cook in it? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Slow cooker
- Stirring spoon
- Leek x 1
- Potatoes x 800g (all rounders are the best in this soup)
- Carrot x 1 large
- Butternut squash x 200g
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 tsp
- Vegetable stock x 800mls (or bone broth or chicken stock if not vegan)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, slice and dice the leek.
- Next peel the potatoes and cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- Now peel the carrot and butternut squash.
- Then cut these vegetables into 1 centimetre pieces and put all these ingredients into the pot as well.
- Pour in the vegetable stock. Or chicken stock or bone broth if not vegan.
- Add in the dried mixed herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir all these ingredients together with the spoon.
- Turn the slow cooker on for 2 -3 hours on high or 5 – 6 hours on low.
- Once the soup has finished cooking turn the slow cooker off and leave to cool.
- When it has cooled down pour about half the ingredients into the blender.
- Or as much as your blender will comfortably hold then blend the ingredient together.
- Pour the blended ingredients into the saucepan.
- Repeat the process with the other half of the soup.
- Heat the soup up in the saucepan.
- Then serve with cheesy bread or my chickpea flour wraps and enjoy.
Slow Cooker Vegan Potato and Leek Soup was a great soup we all enjoyed. It was very tasty and as I mentioned earlier it was very easy too. The best part is all the ingredients are freezable so you could make a big batch and freeze it for another occasion. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx