Although Spring is on the way I still love to eat/drink soup during this season. Courgette and ginger are not two ingredients I would have ever thought to put together in a soup but the combination worked well. The ginger complemented the courgette and it made the soup so much more interesting. The soup could be eaten/drunk hot or cold. Therefore it’s also perfect for the warm summer months I hope we have soon. Either way it’s so tasty I had to share the recipe with you. Below is a video and recipe for you.
Do you have a favourite summer soup and if so what is it? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Vegetable grater
- Stirring spoon
- Onion x 1
- Courgettes x 2 – 4 depending on size
- Garlic x 4 cloves
- Ginger x 1 inch piece
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 tsp
- Milk x 1 litre (your choice)
- Salt and pepper to your tastes
- Peel, slice and dice the onion.
- Next peel the courgette (optional) and grate it.
- Squash the garlic under the blade, it will help to loosen the skin and bring out the oil too.
- Remove the skin and slice the garlic thinly.
- Now remove the skin from the ginger and slice it as well.
- Put a large pan onto a high heat on the hob and add oil to the base of the pan.
- When the pan is hot add in the onions and fry until the start to turn a golden brown colour.
- The heat might be to hot so turn is down and add a little water if the onion starts to stick.
- Add in the garlic and ginger and fry for a further minute or so.
- Next add in the grated courgette and fry for a good five minutes.
- After the five minutes the courgette will hopefully be soft if not leave for a further few minutes.
- Once the courgette has softened add the dried mixed herbs and for for another minute or so.
- Pour over the milk and add salt and pepper to your tastes.
- Bring all the ingredients to the boil and then remove from the heat.
- Leave to cool.
- Once cool enough add all the ingredients to the blender.
- Blend them together until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the saucepan and heat through until warm.
- Then serve and enjoy with my chickpea flour wraps or a slice or two of bread.
Courgette and Ginger Soup was a hit with me. My son Ted who is nine is a fan of spice but not to spicy. The soup had an awesome flavour but it’s not a soup I could serve to Ted. I’m not sure my husband Howard would like this either. Although Howard does like ginger so he may enjoy this soup. I really enjoyed it and I served it with chickpea flour wraps. I made a large batch and put the leftovers in the freezer for another occasion too. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx