On holiday my husband Howard and son Ted will normally eat an ice cream. If sorbet is on offer one of them will normally always try it. They love it. We are going on holiday again soon and the other day I was wondering whether they would be eating sorbet on our next trip. I think this thought made me think about making my own.
We recently found erythritol in our local supermarket. Erythritol is a sugar that is easier for the body to digest. It’s also healthier for the teeth and gums too. Although, like sugar, you shouldn’t eat to much of it. Therefore this sorbet is slightly sour. It’s yummy but you can taste the lemons. Ted, Howard and I really enjoyed it though. We hope you will enjoy it too.
What do you treat yourselves to when you go on holiday? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Raspberries x 1 handful
- Lemon x 4
- Water or coconut water x 600mls
- Erythritol or coconut sugar x 3 – 4 tbsps
- Cut the tops from the lemons and scoop out the insides.
- Put the flesh of the lemon into the blender.
- Add in the raspberries, water and sugar.
- Blend these ingredients until smooth
- Pour the contents into a tupperware box.
- Put the lid on a put the sorbet into the freezer overnight.
- The next day remove the box from the freezer and leave to defrost slightly for half an hour.
- Next remove the sorbet from the box and put it back into the blender.
- Blend until it resembles sorbet.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Raspberry and Lemon Sorbet was a yummy dessert we all enjoyed. My son Ted has asked me to make this again so that’s how much he enjoyed it. It was very easy to prepare and cook. It does take a little while to make but the effort is worth the results. If you love sour then this sorbet is for you. However you decide to eat this sorbet, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx