My lovely husband Howard or Hozza to his friends made my son and I a delicious hot chocolate. A few years ago I decided to post the recipe to my blog. I named it Hozza’s Hot Chocolate after the person who created the recipe.
Since starting my lavender journey I have discovered so many ways to use it in food. For my final recipe of lavender month, I slightly adapted Hozza’s Hot Chocolate. So I decided that I would join in on the ‘zza’ theme.
Although, if my name is shortened I become Lex. Then add a ‘zza’ and I become Lezza. Hence why Lezza’s Lavender Hot Chocolate. It’s actually a very warming and soothing drink that I have found has helped to calm me down. So please enjoy my version of this drink.
- Mug x 1
- Small saucepan x 1
- Tablespoon x 1
- Stirring spoon x 1
- Full fat milk x 1 mug (Or a milk or your choice)
- Raw cacao powder x 1 tbsp
- Honey x 1 – 2 tsp (or more depending on how sweet you like it)
- Lavender x 2 – 4 stalks
- Measure the milk and put it into the sauce pan.
- Next add the raw cacao powder and maple syrup to the pan.
- Put the pan on a medium heat and stir until the powder dissolves and it has warmed through.
- Add in the lavender stalks and keep stirring.
- Be careful not to let the milk boil over.
- It should take around five minutes or so.
- Once it’s hot or at a temperature you like, remove the stalks and pour the hot chocolate back into the mug.
- Then enjoy.
Lezza’s Lavender Hot Chocolate is a delicious drink that can help to sooth and calm me. It’s a great drink to enjoy before bed and I have been known to enjoy this drink in the afternoon if I’m feeling a bit frazzled. The lavender certainly adds a distinct extra sweetness to the hot chocolate that I really enjoyed. However you decide to drink this hot chocolate, as always, please enjoy.
Do you enjoy a hot chocolate and have you tried it with herbs or spices before? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx