On a Friday night my dad enjoyed making a simple supper for us. He had been at work all week and just wanted an easy dinner to serve. Dad had several recipes but this one was a favourite of mine. I still love eating this dish and I to enjoy making it as a simple evening meal or light lunch. Below is the video and recipe for you to enjoy.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large salad bowl
- Salad spoons
- Serving board
- Prawns x 200g
- Parma ham x 4 slices
- Cantaloupe melon x 1
- Lettuce x 1
- Cherry tomatoes x 10
- Cucumber x 1/2
- Salad Dressing x 2 tbsp
- Start by cutting the lettuce and put into the large salad bowl.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and add them in.
- Next slice the cucumber and put this into the bowl.
- Add the salad dressing and toss the salad with the spoons.
- Split the salad between the serving bowls and set aside.
- Cut the melon in half and remove the seeds.
- Put each melon half in the middle of the salad in the serving bowls.
- Place the parma ham instead the melon.
- Fill the hole with the prawns and any leftover place around the outside of the bowl on the salad.
- Serve and enjoy.
Prawns with Parma Ham and Melon is a quick, simple and easy meal. Great for a Friday night supper or as a cold lunch on a Saturday. Plus it could even be taken with you as a packed lunch. It’s a perfect meal if you need to whip up a dish in a hurry. When I lived at home I looked forward to all of my Dad’s dinners but this was one I really enjoyed. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, enjoy.
Do you eat cold dinners and if so, what ones do you enjoy the most? Let me know in the comment below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx