Previously, I made turkey dippers but when I was in the kitchen the other day I decided I wanted to add ingredients to them. I suddenly thought they would taste so yummy with added garlic and herbs. My son loves garlic so I thought this would be a good meal to serve him.
All I did for this recipe was add garlic granules and dried mixed herbs to the ground flax seed or breadcrumbs. It added extra flavour and gave the dippers a different taste. The dippers were crunchy and flavoursome. It’s definitely a dish we will be eating in the future.
- Bowls x 3
- Baking tray
- Turkey breasts x 500 g
- Ground flax seed or bread crumbs x 125 g
- Brown rice flour x 125 g
- Eggs x 2 large
- Dried mixed herbs x 2 tsps
- Garlic granules x 2 tsps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Cut the turkey breasts into strips or nuggets.
- Pour the ground flax seeds in a bowl and then pour the brown rice flour into a bowl.
- Add the garlic granules and the dried mixed herbs to the flax seed and mix together.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and then scramble them.
- Now dip a turkey strip or nugget into the flour, then dip it into the egg and finally into the ground flax seed mixture.
- Repeat this process until all the mixture has been used.
- You may need more or less ground flax seed, brown rice flour or egg.
- If you need less, remember to through any leftovers away as it will have raw turkey on it.
- Place all the dippers on a baking tray and put into the oven for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Once they are golden brown remove the dippers from the oven and serve with chips and beans.
- Then enjoy.
Garlic and Herb Turkey Dippers were a huge hit in this house. I served these with homemade sweet potato chips and my homemade baked beans. The meal was so yummy and I thought it was such a posh way to have dippers, chips and beans. The beans could be made in advance of this meal to save time. It is quite time consuming making the dippers but the results are so worth the effort. However you decide to eat this dinner, as always, please enjoy. xxx