Summer holidays are here again. Yes it’s that time of year when my son Ted, asks me, ‘Mum I’m hungry, what can I eat?’ Ted will normally ask this question about 1000 times a day or so it feels! So this year I thought I would arm myself with a few Ted friendly snacks so I don’t have to stand at the cupboard and scratch my head wondering what to feed him.
My son loves yogurt and he loves ice lollies so I decided to combine the two. I made these frozen yogurt and fruit pieces which Ted really enjoyed. They were simple and easy to do. Plus, they will last in the freezer for up to six weeks. These sweet treats are perfect for the summer holidays and brilliant for your forever hungry children.
Makes 1 baking tray
- Baking tray
- Large spoon
- Natural yogurt x 500mls
- Mixed berries x 300g
- Honey x 2 tbsps
- Lay the baking tray on a flat surface.
- Open the natural yogurt and spread the contents across the base of the baking tray.
- Coat the baking tray as evenly as possible with the yogurt.
- Now sprinkle the mixed berries over the top of the yogurt.
- Drizzle the honey over the fruit and yogurt.
- Place the baking tray in the freezer for at least six hours or preferably overnight.
- When the yogurt is frozen, remove and break into pieces.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Frozen Yogurt and Fruit Pieces is such a simple dish. It’s a healthy recipe that’s very filling and it will hopefully stop the ‘what can I eat’ question. Well, at least for the time it takes them to eat this yummy treat. This recipe is a great way to get children involved in the kitchen too. They can help to put this together and then eat the fruits of their labour. However you decide to eat this treat, as always, enjoy.
Do you like frozen yogurt and how do you like to eat it? Have you ever eaten it this way? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe. Thank you. xxx