Snack time is a must in this house. We all love a great snack or tea time treat. These roasted chickpeas are a fantastic savoury snack and we all love them. They are a great mid morning or afternoon pick me up. Plus they also make a great replacement for croutons in salads or in soups. They are so yummy I just had to show you how to make them in the video link below the picture. Also below is the recipe for you too.
- Baking tray
- Chickpeas x 1 400g tin
- Olive Oil x 1 – 2 tbsp
- Dried mixed herbs x 2 tsp
- Garlic granules x 2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Open the chickpea tin and drain through the colander.
- Place the chickpeas into the baking tray.
- Drizzle over the olive oil.
- Sprinkle over the dried mixed herbs and garlic granules.
- Toss all of the ingredients together in the baking tray.
- Once the oven is preheated put the baking tray in for 25 – 30 minutes or until the chickpeas are golden brown.
- When cooked, remove and leave to cool completely.
- To store, keep in an air tight container until ready to eat.
- Then enjoy.
Garlic and Herb Chickpeas are a simple and easy recipe. They are great as a snack and so handy to take with you wherever you are going. They are great to add to salad or soup as a crouton replacement but they are also delicious with pasta and sauce too. Extra protein without having to kill a cow or chicken to do it. However you decide to eat this snack, as always, please enjoy!
What’s your favourite savoury snack and do you eat it with any other meals? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx